Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What is the best HID kit for 2nd gen tacos

Old 12-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
What is the best HID kit for 2nd gen tacos

What is the best HID kit for 2nd gen tacos... I want good quality, for a reasonable price... I also want the color they give off to be like a pure white... any suggestions??
Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
J-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the rough

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
ddmtuning.com is were I got mine, hi/lo $79.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
I've been really happy with my 4300k kit from Slimcubby's group buy on here. 4300-4500k is the way to go if you want pure white with very little blue tint. It's a lot whiter than incandescent bulbs, and it's a lot brighter too.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
J-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the roughJ-Bird is a jewel in the rough

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
I bought my HID lights from DDM Tuning, fast and quick shipping. There is a color chart in the link.

beat me to it
Old 12-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine at www.vvme.com
Old 12-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
All the cheaper kits are essentially the same. I'd just buy based on the best warranty. Haven't heard a bad thing about DDM so that's who I'd go with. I'd recommend a relay harness myself. Others will argue that til they're blue in the face haha.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Go with 5000k. They are the hotness
Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Go with 5000k. They are the hotness
x2. That's been my color temp of choice when I've ran HID's in the past.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the ddm 5000k. Haven't had a chance to install yet though.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
How many people are doing the HIDs on the fog lights as well?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
I bought my HID lights from DDM Tuning, fast and quick shipping. There is a color chart in the link.

was the DDM HID's easy to install?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #15
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
Essentially all identical, they're all plug and play. Hardest part is deciding where you want to mount your ballasts.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Essentially all identical, they're all plug and play. Hardest part is deciding where you want to mount your ballasts.
have any pics??
Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #17

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
male to female connections.

check ddm's website for instructions.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #19

J-Bird's Tacoma Gallery
headlights=H4
Old 12-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #20
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
Yes, took about 20 mins to install. Everything is plug and play, here is the complete kit I purchase for my headlamps.