Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Does anyone have these headlights

Old 12-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Does anyone have these headlights

does anyone have the hradlights below?? if so, are they plug and play, and do they come with all the bulbs needed. whar do i need to buy if they arent plug and play??

Old 12-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I do...If you get em make sure you use some clear silicone to seal the 3 little LED bulbs. They just push in and they vibrate out and break!! Thats what happened to me when I was out muddin...then there was a clear shot right in behind my lense so guess where the mud went...I wouldn't recomend em personally...there quality sucks I'm installing these next week
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710
Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I do...If you get em make sure you use some clear silicone to seal the 3 little LED bulbs. They just push in and they vibrate out and break!! Thats what happened to me when I was out muddin...then there was a clear shot right in behind my lense so guess where the mud went...I wouldn't recomend em personally...there quality sucks I'm installing these next week
i'll keep that in mind... but the led ones i showed above, when you got them, were they just plug and play?? Or did you have to re-wire and stuff??
Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
i'll keep that in mind... but the led ones i showed above, when you got them, were they just plug and play?? Or did you have to re-wire and stuff??
The wiring is intense IMO Iwas gonna install em myself but had to have professionally done which set me back 50 bucks The halos, eyebrows and LEDs all have seperate wiring...it looked like a damn spider web
Old 12-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same ones, and was fortunate my bro-in-law is good with that stuff. Had to wire them into the parking lights, and the wires were backwards. Basically white to black or ground and the black to the stock yellow IIRC. Haven't had any problems with them yet, however I haven't been out mudding either.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
I have the same ones, and was fortunate my bro-in-law is good with that stuff. Had to wire them into the parking lights, and the wires were backwards. Basically white to black or ground and the black to the stock yellow IIRC. Haven't had any problems with them yet, however I haven't been out mudding either.
You should throw some sealant around them little LEDs so they don't fall out. Like I said, mine fell out and mud got inside my lense My fiance got me new headlights for christmas and I added the link to em up above Good luck with your decision bud
Old 12-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Scott, appreciate the info! I'll look at doing this soon!
Old 12-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #8
T08TRDaveman is on a distinguished road

T08TRDaveman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to T08TRDaveman
I have those Exact lights and installed them yesterday... They're decent, I went with 35wt. 4300K HID bulbs, ok, I wish they were brighter. I also have 8000K bulbs that I haven't tried yet... The front LED's are pretty cool/bright, the "eye lid light" isn't bright at all, I'm going to replace it with an LED.

I bought a used set and the seal boots are chewed up, easy fix.

Where are you looking at them from? I've seen some Cheapo's on ebay...

Good luck and let me know if you have any general q's.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:21 AM   #9
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I do have one set before, and i get it from ebay. It dose come with HID install already, I put it on, the lighting pattern is look like shit... when you use HID on it.
Than I return it back to the seller.
I will say do not buy it. Don't waste your time.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:40 AM   #10
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
i had those couldnt stop them from fogin, leds fell out and the the lens plastic was so cheap my 55w hids seemed to melt it and actually caused the plastic to bubble. my advise dont get'em they suck,
Old 12-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #11
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WOW $40 to ship these? It should cost half of that.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #12
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
For a direct replacement, i would spend the $40 you were going to have to spend on installation on shipping, but that's just me. I also like the look of the second set better IMO
Old 12-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #13
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm over the halo/projector thing too and am looking forward to getting some visibility back. Those same headlights are on my list for early next year.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
keep your stock ones, do BHLM and get HID's and itll be 1000x better
Old 12-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #16
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
keep your stock ones, do BHLM and get HID's and itll be 1000x better
I am 100000000% agree what you said!!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #17

how well does the light diffuse from hid's and the regular headlight casing
Old 12-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #19
coveny91 is on a distinguished road
coveny91's Tacoma Gallery
i have the lights from the original post. so far im not happy with them. i dont have the HID kit though. i think they are dimmer then the stock lights. does anyone know what the bulbs are in there because i thought about changing them for something brighter and hoping that will work
Old 12-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #20

I got these for christmas from the Fiance...I'll be installing em soon with the help of Chris4x4. I'm gonna leave my grille out and start the Satoshi while i'm at it