1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen Fog Conversion?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by CUtigerfan, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    OK guys I'm going to need alot of help and advise to pull this off but I know somebody on here has to have thought about doing this or tried it. I want to change up my lights a little bit.

1st I'm going to order some red and clear tails and tint them

2nd I want to try and convert my corner markers to turn signals and turn signals into fog/offroad lights. What I want to do is get some clear corners and install amber bulbs in them. I want the corners to act like a blinker when the headlights are off and at night when the headlights are on I want them to be lit like they are now but when I use the turn signal I want them to flash (kind of like some of the tail lights on Ford trucks) I was thinking that I could put some white headlight bulbs in the turn signals and wire them to come on when I flip the brights on. I had thought about putting them on a switch so they would be like fog lights but if I can I want to make them as bright as possible to use when driving offroad.

Can anybody tell me how to pull this off? I have very little wiring experience and need any insight you guys can offer.

Some of the possible flaws in my plan are that the reflectors in the turn signals might not give a very good beam pattern and I may not be able to fit a bigger bulb in them. I really want it to look stock (except obviously there won't be amber on my tail lights or corners)

2. Dec 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    Selwyn Boom

Selwyn Boom Selwyn Boom

Member:
    First Name:
    Boom!!!
    US Virgin Islands
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma Burgundy
    22's and a DVD sound system.
    Thats tuff. I know that there is a thread that talks about converting the lights from indicators to fogs but the combo park lights i am not sure about. It would be nice though. If you get it done let me know so i can do that too.

3. Dec 30, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    i was thinking of doing it and trying to fit the hella 550 fog lights in the space where the turn signals are (with some modding) but then i sold my truck.... maybe look around for a rectangular fog light that would fit into the hole with minimal trimming

Products Discussed in

To Top