Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

1st Gen Fog Conversion?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Fog Conversion?

OK guys I'm going to need alot of help and advise to pull this off but I know somebody on here has to have thought about doing this or tried it. I want to change up my lights a little bit.

1st I'm going to order some red and clear tails and tint them

2nd I want to try and convert my corner markers to turn signals and turn signals into fog/offroad lights. What I want to do is get some clear corners and install amber bulbs in them. I want the corners to act like a blinker when the headlights are off and at night when the headlights are on I want them to be lit like they are now but when I use the turn signal I want them to flash (kind of like some of the tail lights on Ford trucks) I was thinking that I could put some white headlight bulbs in the turn signals and wire them to come on when I flip the brights on. I had thought about putting them on a switch so they would be like fog lights but if I can I want to make them as bright as possible to use when driving offroad.

Can anybody tell me how to pull this off? I have very little wiring experience and need any insight you guys can offer.

Some of the possible flaws in my plan are that the reflectors in the turn signals might not give a very good beam pattern and I may not be able to fit a bigger bulb in them. I really want it to look stock (except obviously there won't be amber on my tail lights or corners)
Old 12-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
Selwyn Boom
Selwyn Boom is on a distinguished road

Army: SSG 210th RTI VI national Guard 1 Deployment GTMO03-04
Name: Boom!!!
Selwyn Boom's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Selwyn Boom
Thats tuff. I know that there is a thread that talks about converting the lights from indicators to fogs but the combo park lights i am not sure about. It would be nice though. If you get it done let me know so i can do that too.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
i was thinking of doing it and trying to fit the hella 550 fog lights in the space where the turn signals are (with some modding) but then i sold my truck.... maybe look around for a rectangular fog light that would fit into the hole with minimal trimming