LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lighting laws in CA

Old 12-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Lighting laws in CA

Does anyone know if it's illegal to have 10k HID lights for your fog lights/as your fogs? My little cousin is planning to get some HID's and he is doing 8K for the main lights and 10K for his fog lights, he is getting the HID kits from DDM. I ask because there was a member of this site selling his tinted rear tails due to being hassled by officers in his area, I am thinking it may also happen where my little cousin is but with his lights.

He has an 06 Pre-Runner, all stock so far, only upgrade was that I gave him my OEM iPod adapter. I have seen someone with some HID's on his 4 door Tacoma, but his main lights were maybe 6k/8k and his fog lights were 3k (yellow).
Old 12-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
To be completely compliant, any HIDs that don't come from the factory are illegal. But with that said, I've seen many vehicles here in Cali that drive around with aftermarket HID kit, unsure if they've been ticketed or not, I highly doubt it though.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I remember hearing 5000k is the limit. But I have 6000k heads and fogs. Never get hassled. Cops don't really care. But 10000k is probably a different story. Most I would go is 8000k. Yellow fogs shouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I thought I remember hearing 5000k is the limit. But I have 6000k heads and fogs. Never get hassled. Cops don't really care. But 10000k is probably a different story. Most I would go is 8000k. Yellow fogs shouldn't be a problem.
One of my older brothers has a Lancer and sometimes he gets hassled with the turbo and sometimes at night with his lights. I think his are 8K.

I'll let him know.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Man the other night a truck was coming at me with god knows what kelvin lights. they were a mix between pink and purple. Total distraction. If he doesnt get a ticket I dont think anyone in CA will.