Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Looking to replace my headlight bulbs, suggestions?

Old 12-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
LaTechLogan is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
LaTechLogan's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to replace my headlight bulbs, suggestions?

I want to replace my stock headlights with some that are brighter and are a truer white, any suggestions?

I was looking at some from Sylvannia but heard they don't last long, obviously I'm not looking to throw away my money so I want something that looks good but will last

I like the true white lights and don't mind a little blue color but I don't like the ones that are really blue
Old 12-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Try these: http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=111

10% off code: ZXRCX111
Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i like my hellas
Old 12-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
The One, The Only
da0023 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
da0023's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTechLogan View Post
I want to replace my stock headlights with some that are brighter and are a truer white, any suggestions?

I was looking at some from Sylvannia but heard they don't last long, obviously I'm not looking to throw away my money so I want something that looks good but will last

I like the true white lights and don't mind a little blue color but I don't like the ones that are really blue
isn't sylvania what the majority of car makers use? Every car I ever owned has had them in it and they seem to last just as long as the car does. just my $.02
Old 12-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I think the OP is referring to the Sylvania SilverStars.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
i have the sylvania xtravisions in my truck they are much brighter and whiter then stock but they only last about 6 months. however if i remember correctly they are only 20 bucks a set. in the long run ur best bet is to retro fit a set of hid projectors in to the stock lights its not cheap but u will get the best light output and they last a lot longer then regular bulbs. from researching on here is doesnt look all that hard to do.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
The One, The Only
da0023 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
da0023's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I think the OP is referring to the Sylvania SilverStars.

oohhh....
Old 12-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have Silverstar Ultras. Nice upgrade from stock, white and a little brighter. Nowhere near the HID's I had in my previous vehicle but I don't wanna go the HID route in the Taco. Hoping the Silverstars last a decent amount of time, but it shows right on the package that the Silverstars don't have a long lifetime.