Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HIDS From DDM

Old 12-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
johnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nice
Name: johnyt
johnyt2's Tacoma Gallery
HIDS From DDM

So I bought some 5000k 55watt Hids from ddm about 1.5 weeks ago and they gave me the wrong bulbs...Their phone apparently is always busy and it took me 2 days of calling to finally reached them. When I finally reached them they told me to go on their site to submit a ticket... I sent them pictures of the headlamps which clearly show the difference in color and they told me to take a picture off a garage wall because " Its harder to really say when your flash and the lights are shinning at each other" That annoyed the hell outta me so i took a new picture shown below... And i just sent them another email so now I am waiting for a response... They're pissin me off.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Ah that sucks, when i first got my HIDs from DDM they would shut off when i switched to hi beam the turn back on, but after one desert trip they started work great.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are on the way. I hope they sent me the right ones. They are hard to reach when it comes to emailing. I emailed twice before but they never answered so I called. When I called I was told the items I had already purchased was out of stock. If I had never called to ask when they were to ship the kits I would be waiting till now without an "out of stock" notice. Another thing I thought was funny was that they allow you to choose a different shipping address but then will only mail to your billing address. Probably not a problem for most of you I was getting one set mailed somewhere else as a present. Doesn't seem like customer service is that great.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
johnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nice
johnyt2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
Mine are on the way. I hope they sent me the right ones. They are hard to reach when it comes to emailing. I emailed twice before but they never answered so I called. When I called I was told the items I had already purchased was out of stock. If I had never called to ask when they were to ship the kits I would be waiting till now without an "out of stock" notice. Another thing I thought was funny was that they allow you to choose a different shipping address but then will only mail to your billing address. Probably not a problem for most of you I was getting one set mailed somewhere else as a present. Doesn't seem like customer service is that great.
And this whole time I thought I was alone... Just pisses me off that I took time to do all that and took pictures... uploaded and sent an email out and they say my pictures weren't good enough... I would be even more pissed if they want me to send those bulbs back because it would cost even more money for me... If that was the case I think I'd just return their whole damn kit and buy it somewhere else.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
johnyt2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
This time of year always sucks buying HIDs from them. It's their busiest time of year and it seems more mistakes are being made.
well they have a chance to redeem themselves if they send me another set of bulbs that are the same color without having me send in the ones that are on my truck already because I've been hassled enough running around and taking pictures and uploading them and driving to a friends garage to take a picture because I don't have a garage...
Old 12-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
i just ordered 3 pairs of hids from them last night, i hope the don't screw my order up , crossing my fingers.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I went there in person this week... small business, busy. I asked for a list or catalog to pick the bulbs from and said it is all online. I was in no hurry, so I didn't wait at their counter. Interesting seeing this thread.

John, what did they send you instead? Why did you need to send a photo? Is it because you didn't know they were wrong until they were on? They really push the guarantee, so this is a surprise...
Old 12-31-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Got glare?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #9
johnyt2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
I went there in person this week... small business, busy. I asked for a list or catalog to pick the bulbs from and said it is all online. I was in no hurry, so I didn't wait at their counter. Interesting seeing this thread.

John, what did they send you instead? Why did you need to send a photo? Is it because you didn't know they were wrong until they were on? They really push the guarantee, so this is a surprise...
I just wanted a replacement. The problem with the bulbs I received is that as you can see in the picture the left bulb is blue (i think 6000k) and the right side is white (5000k) and they needed me to send a photo of the different color bulbs. I didn't find out that they were the wrong bulbs until I put them on because the bulbs doesn't have a label or anything that says "5000k" "6000k" etc.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgerber View Post
i just ordered 3 pairs of hids from them last night, i hope the don't screw my order up , crossing my fingers.
I just ordered a set of HI/lo also. Make it happen DDM
Old 01-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #12
jarvis210 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
jarvis210's Tacoma Gallery
i have always had good luck with there hid me my dad and my brother all have them for out headlights and fogs. never one problem great product
Old 01-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #13
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
What kit did you guys order Raptor or slim ballast? I'm a little iffy on ordering from this company. Do they have a special price for TW members? How many of you guys/gals have had the kit? Years?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #14
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered two sets of 35 watts Raptors. It was shipped out on 12/28/09 and should be here on Tuesday. I'm so excited!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #15
jarvis210 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
jarvis210's Tacoma Gallery
ive always used the slim balast. My brothers set is over 2 years old with no issues....
Old 01-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
emerson has a spectacular aura aboutemerson has a spectacular aura about
emerson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post
What kit did you guys order Raptor or slim ballast? I'm a little iffy on ordering from this company. Do they have a special price for TW members? How many of you guys/gals have had the kit? Years?

No special pricing, but they are really cheap. The raptor set with lifetime warranty are like 30 bucks. I got a set on my bike and its been 2 years. My truck for like 2 months. (fogs and headlights) Guess the raptor sets suck cause they are the ones Im sending in. The slim HIDs seems to be holding up well. (headlights and bike)
Old 01-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #17
cam-shaft has a spectacular aura aboutcam-shaft has a spectacular aura about

cam-shaft's Tacoma Gallery
I order a set of there raptor 5k for fogs and headlights to find out for myself if I liked the hids in my halogen lenses. They were bright but the light direction was all over the place. One of my ballast failed in 1.5 months. I removed all of the ddm junk and threw them in the garbage and installed a good set of PIAA 4k halogen bulbs. I am happy with them and if one fails I am just left with a burned out bulb and not a blown fuse and no lights. Later, Cam-shaft