Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Light Mod!

Old 01-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
BigBacon is on a distinguished road
BigBacon's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Light Mod!

Does anyone know how to relay the fog lights so they will turn on with the parking lights?...and the High Beams???...I have looked for hours and could not find it..I am looking to do this mod this week!..HELP!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
I think you will have a better luck checking out cardomain site?
hope this helps
Old 02-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
tacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant future

tacomax's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t121096.html
I did option 1 and it works good like it says the hardest part is trying to get the fuse box opened in half
Old 02-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
doughboyea is on a distinguished road
doughboyea's Tacoma Gallery
I was told that there is actually a law that stipulates no fog lights when high beams are on. I could be wrong on that, it was a salesman that told me that.

Dough
Old 02-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
tacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant futuretacomax has a brilliant future

tacomax's Tacoma Gallery
it's more of a safety issue than anything else because you don't want high beams on foggy weather because the water drops reflect right back at you and affect your visibiilty..
Old 02-05-2007, 04:32 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomax View Post
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t121096.html
I did option 1 and it works good like it says the hardest part is trying to get the fuse box opened in half

Nice link! now, if I can only find some stock fog lights...
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
BigBacon is on a distinguished road
BigBacon's Tacoma Gallery
thanks tacomax.....i used the link and went with option #3. Worked very well...at first it didnt work b/c i didnt have my wire ran all the way down into the 10a fuse spacemember...but after an adjustment it works wonderful!....so now I can turn my foglights on by them self....with parking lights and high beams....there is a law that says you cant run fog and high at the same time while driving..but damn...if your on a back road and no one is around..it looks like its daylight...you see it ALL!

Next is the re-tint of my windows..( dont let a girl sit in your truck until 3 days after tint...they WILL roll the windows down!!)
Old 02-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBacon View Post
Next is the re-tint of my windows..( dont let a girl sit in your truck until 3 days after tint...they WILL roll the windows down!!)
LOL - Yes, very true - unless it is my wife. She doesn't like the windows down ("it mess up my hair")
Old 04-16-2007, 01:27 AM   #9
NomolosTRD is on a distinguished road

NomolosTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I tried the foglight mod using the option 3 with the fog light relay. I did the mod and it worked, but it caused my check engine light to come on, anyone know why?
Old 04-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!

This isn't the first time I have heard of this mod throwing a CEL (Check Engine Light). I have not yet seen a solution to the problem.

Anyone have an answer?
Old 11-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #11
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomolosTRD View Post
I tried the foglight mod using the option 3 with the fog light relay. I did the mod and it worked, but it caused my check engine light to come on, anyone know why?
Bump

Curious if anyone knows now?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #12
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
....Curious if anyone knows now?

Dont know about option 3. I completed my fog light mod yesterday just as suggest by "piercedtiger" in his cheap mod thread, and it works like a charm. It takes no more than 15 minutes to complete.

piercedtiger.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #13
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
If u get a 5 pin relay you can do it that way... 10 dollars i think. I used one of these for my vw and never had any problems. and it will still allow you to turn them off with a switch.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #14
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Why do this? Fog lights are designed for visibility in fog, snow etc.

When I see a vehicle using fog lights on a clear night, it's like seeing someone driving around with their wipers on - and it's not raining. If you want / need driving lights (not the same thing at all...) get some and install them.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #15
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozar View Post
For me, the low beams are too bright to drive during heavy snow fall. The light bounces right back at the driver and you cant see anything. So, the ability to have the low beams off and have the fogs on (since they are lower to the ground) should provide better visibility. That's my story.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #16
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:

When I see a vehicle using fog lights on a clear night, it's like seeing someone driving around with their wipers on - and it's not raining. If you want / need driving lights (not the same thing at all...) get some and install them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
For me, the low beams are too bright to drive during heavy snow fall. The light bounces right back at the driver and you cant see anything. So, the ability to have the low beams off and have the fogs on (since they are lower to the ground) should provide better visibility. That's my story.
What he said ^ plus when offroading at night sometimes you just want all the light you can get. Then again, maybe some of us are smart enough to handle controlling what lights are on or off on our own without a big corporations nanny controls doing it for us.

Oh and then there's the whole extra visibility factor on hazing/overcast days, dawn/dust, or just normal sunny days when you go around a tree lined road that can make dark colored cars nearly disappear in the shadows.

I think cars driving in dim conditions without some sort of front and rear illumination is like driving around with a "Hit Me!" sign on the car.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #17
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
I think cars driving in dim conditions without some sort of front and rear illumination is like driving around with a "Hit Me!" sign on the car.
I agree.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #18
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Exactly what I was thinking when I did this mod...

...and that I liked the way it looked.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #19
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

when I see your posts, I think you are even more of an ASS than I am.