1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got to be an easier way

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TurfTaco, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jan 5, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco [OP] Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    I replaced my stock headlights with some black bezel headlights (they are not JDM) and I have been trying to adjust them via the blank wall with a horizontal line and vertical lines but am not having much luck. There are bright spots, shaded spots, etc.....it just looks weird. I can't seem to find a good adjustment. Any easier methods. The whole 25' from wall...blah...blah is getting old.

2. Jan 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    It's probably the headlights themselves, from what I've herd the aftermarket headlights for these trucks are terrible.

3. Jan 5, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    The after market headlights use a cheaper type of reflective "paint". OEM headlights have actual metal in the reflective part.

4. Jan 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    :lalala:

Not what I want to hear

5. Jan 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    well tough cookie then...you get what you pay for (and sometimes you dont) if it came from ebay or where ever. the only good solution to aftermarket headlights on these trucks are the BHLM or a projector retro.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jan 6, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    I got mine off of Car-Stuff.com and haven't had any problems adjusting them.

7. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    Yeah, they are not egay's or japanese domestic markets. They came from http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...2007/Pre_Runner/6_Cyl_4-dot-0L/TY0508CHL.html
    And since they are a vendor listed on this site I figured they were legit. They look exactly like my factory lights, other than the black bezels and the fit is perfect, but I am having a very hard time getting them adjusted. The light output seems weaker, although I am using my old bulbs and there are bright areas and shaded areas in the projected area.....just weird. Anybody else have these exact lights?

8. Jan 7, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    TurfTaco

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector

Products Discussed in

To Top