Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Got to be an easier way

Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got to be an easier way

I replaced my stock headlights with some black bezel headlights (they are not JDM) and I have been trying to adjust them via the blank wall with a horizontal line and vertical lines but am not having much luck. There are bright spots, shaded spots, etc.....it just looks weird. I can't seem to find a good adjustment. Any easier methods. The whole 25' from wall...blah...blah is getting old.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It's probably the headlights themselves, from what I've herd the aftermarket headlights for these trucks are terrible.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
The after market headlights use a cheaper type of reflective "paint". OEM headlights have actual metal in the reflective part.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
The after market headlights use a cheaper type of reflective "paint". OEM headlights have actual metal in the reflective part.

Not what I want to hear
Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhodes View Post

Not what I want to hear
well tough cookie then...you get what you pay for (and sometimes you dont) if it came from ebay or where ever. the only good solution to aftermarket headlights on these trucks are the BHLM or a projector retro.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #7

Yeah, they are not egay's or japanese domestic markets. They came from http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...TY0508CHL.html
And since they are a vendor listed on this site I figured they were legit. They look exactly like my factory lights, other than the black bezels and the fit is perfect, but I am having a very hard time getting them adjusted. The light output seems weaker, although I am using my old bulbs and there are bright areas and shaded areas in the projected area.....just weird. Anybody else have these exact lights?