Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

H4 projector?

Old 01-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Good question I was wondering the same thing. Hope theres an answer
Old 01-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
Good question I was wondering the same thing. Hope theres an answer
x2

Old 01-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
why the heck would you want to do that?!

the entire point of an OEM retro is for a bulb that is at least 3 times brighter, w/ a better cutoff and crazy wide beam...

FYI, there are plenty of cars that have OEM halogen projectors, camrys come first to my mind.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
No, but you can buy an H4 projector from Luminous Solutions. You just have to open up the headlights, screw the projector on, and reseal. Or, fab up a projector from another vehicle.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ yea but if your going to do all that work of opening them up, why not just go w/ HID projectors. if your going to be doing a projector, why only do it halfway and put a halogen projector in there?!

does the LS kit even work for the 1st gen tacos? what about your G3 kit, would that work? where would one get those from, just that one GB guy on HIDplanet?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
why the heck would you want to do that?!

the entire point of an OEM retro is for a bulb that is at least 3 times brighter, w/ a better cutoff and crazy wide beam...

FYI, there are plenty of cars that have OEM halogen projectors, camrys come first to my mind.

probably because we have bought the HID h4 ballast kit and dont want to purchase the H1 set.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #9
to my understanding if I were to buy the projector lights on ebay it states I would need the H1 bulbs. That means I would have to buy another HID kit for those headlights.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
probably because we have bought the HID h4 ballast kit and dont want to purchase the H1 set.
I could be mistaken but I thought that there was a wiring harness adapter so you wouldn't have to change out your ballasts to run a D2S bulb.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ TACO View Post
Link? I wanna do a retro because my hid's have allota glare in my head lights.
finally some one that has seen the light!! dont have a link, but go over to xr-underground, those guys pimp that guy left and right, almost too g@y for me!!

Quote:
a simple bulb purchase will take care of that...a ballast is a ballast, no reason to have to change, just change the bulbs.

Quote:
to my understanding if I were to buy the projector lights on ebay it states I would need the H1 bulbs. That means I would have to buy another HID kit for those headlights.
wrong, see above. and HIDs in those egay projector kits is going to suck, FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I could be mistaken but I thought that there was a wiring harness adapter so you wouldn't have to change out your ballasts to run a D2S bulb.
yep, and amp to D2S connector. its like $25.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
thanks for the info on the egay lights Ill go another route. As far as the bulbs go that is a hell of a better option. Didnt know they could sell the bulbs seperately.