Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

light theft prevention

Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
light theft prevention

i may be posting this in the wrong place. but has anyone ever figured out how to prevent sticky handed theifs from still there nice driving fog, or off-road lights. what are the best ideas or products out there. i have brand new kc lights and spent to much to loose them. thanks
Old 01-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Tacoma View Post
i may be posting this in the wrong place. but has anyone ever figured out how to prevent sticky handed theifs from still there nice driving fog, or off-road lights. what are the best ideas or products out there. i have brand new kc lights and spent to much to loose them. thanks
I'm not sure there is a lot you can do about it. I know they use special screws for automobile plates that use a proprietary type of bit to back it out to prevent theft of plate.

Maybe you can use one of those type of screws, if you are able to use that size of screw or bolt.

Hope that helps or gives you an idea of what to do.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I was looking and there were some bolts that were keyed so that people couldnt steel them as easy. her is the site http://www.quadratec.com/products/97018_300.htm

hope it helps
Old 01-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I'm Running Piaa Light Locks, A few People on here has those IPF ones above.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #6
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Interesting....

Those PIAA light locks - where do they go? (sorry, if that was a stupid question)
No not a stupid question. They go on the bolt that holds the lights. Hope this helps
Old 01-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
No not a stupid question. They go on the bolt that holds the lights. Hope this helps
Yup! Thanks!
I thought that was the case.
In my case, they're installed on Aries bullbar. The nuts are up inside the tube and it's a PITA to get up in there to begin with.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #8
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What he said. The light locks look like wheel locks, and on the inside its has a space that goes over the stock bolt and it also acts like a second bolt.

2 types of locks to check out
http://www.expeditionexchange.com/barrinut/

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/6...x?kc=ffproduct

I actually like the barrinuts better.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #9
Greg Graffin 2016

Only True way to prevent theft is to weld 2 bolts together. If they were determined, then they will do anything to steal it.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
I had a a friend with a welder put a bead on the end of the bolts so you can't take the nuts off, but can still loosen them to adjust the lights. Costs less than the $40 lock nuts, but you have to cut the bolts to remove the lights.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey, I was looking and there were some bolts that were keyed so that people couldnt steel them as easy. her is the site http://www.quadratec.com/products/97018_300.htm

hope it helps
do you kno if only two lock nuts come in a set?