Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rocker Switch

Old 01-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Tacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to behold

Tacoma_SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Rocker Switch

Does anybody know where I can buy a rocker switch at a good price that would fit easily in the empty slots? I know that there's a fog light rocker switch, but I don't want to use it for fog lights so I don't want the fog light picture on there you know.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
Tacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to beholdTacoma_SR5 is a splendid one to behold

For example would this one fit?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/10-Snap-in-OFF-ON...item3efb684cb0
Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
These will work with minor trimming:
http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45

I've been running these switches and they look great once installed..
They also have one with a LED
Old 01-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #4

Perfect thanks dude, that's what I was looking for, I like the LED one as well.

I'm going to order one, only $5 for shipping to Canada as well....sweet!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Company called Cole Hersee makes some good ones. Picked them up before from West Marine. They tend to be pricey but fit perfectly into the slots. Just trim a little plastic from the slot and the snap in nicely.

Here is a link to their rocker switch catalog (pdf)
Old 01-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #10
jward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to beholdjward2331 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Aviation
Name: John
jward2331's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Company called Cole Hersee makes some good ones. Picked them up before from West Marine. They tend to be pricey but fit perfectly into the slots. Just trim a little plastic from the slot and the snap in nicely.

Here is a link to their rocker switch catalog (pdf)

WOW, jackpot! good find...
Old 01-09-2010, 06:05 AM   #11
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
these are the ones i'm running.. require just a tiny bit of trimming to make the pop into place...

Old 01-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #12

yeah those look nice too, they're nice with the graphic on them. I ended up ordering this one yesterday.

http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
n2advnture will become famous soon enoughn2advnture will become famous soon enough

Name: Mark
n2advnture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
These will work with minor trimming:
http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45

I've been running these switches and they look great once installed..
They also have one with a LED
PERFECT!

http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led

Thanks for posting this, I'm getting ready to hard wire a radar detector and being illegal in my state (the only state btw), I wanted an option for turning it on and off.

Thanks again!

~M
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
jamesnev is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jamesnev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
these are the ones i'm running.. require just a tiny bit of trimming to make the pop into place...

I like the look of this. Im doing this tomorrow.

How did you get all the panels off to get inside and add the switch? do you have pictures of how to do?

also.. is that a USB cable coming out of your vent?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesnev View Post
I like the look of this. Im doing this tomorrow.

How did you get all the panels off to get inside and add the switch? do you have pictures of how to do?

also.. is that a USB cable coming out of your vent?
Not to speak for him but if you pull the chnge tray, you can feed wires up behind the dash and you don't even need to take the panel off.

That's an air freshener in his vent.

Lastly, here's the updated version of those switches:

Check out OTRATTW.com for switch options and pricing.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
jamesnev is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jamesnev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Not to speak for him but if you pull the chnge tray, you can feed wires up behind the dash and you don't even need to take the panel off.

That's an air freshener in his vent.

Lastly, here's the updated version of those switches:

Check out OTRATTW.com for switch options and pricing.

Thanks Pugga. sounds like you saved me some time doing this tomorrow. So i should be able to just pop the blank one out and put in my new switch for my offroad lights without touching the pannels.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #18
CoastalComa is on a distinguished road
CoastalComa's Tacoma Gallery
Are there any rocker switches out there for tacomas that don't require trimming?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #19
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalComa View Post
Are there any rocker switches out there for tacomas that don't require trimming?

http://www.aironboard.com/online/toy...placement.html