Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Gauge Swaps

Old 01-09-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
SpaceGoat is on a distinguished road
SpaceGoat's Tacoma Gallery
LED Gauge Swaps

Does anyone do them in Hawaii??-Just that my Tacoma is my daily driver and the thought of being with out gauges for the 5-7 days of turnaround to California would be burdensome.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a electrician shop there? if so buy the led's and take it into them and they will do it in a hr or so. that is how i did mine. Sorry but i forgot to welcome you to TW. LED mod is just the start of your mods.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
I do the mod as a mail in service. I turn them around and ship them back pretty fast. It is possible to drive without them.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
save yourself the money and time - do it yourself. soldering is very easy and this mod only takes a couple hours. I am by no means excellent at soldering and I did mine in an hour.

here's my thread -

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-complete.html
Old 01-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
There is a member who lives in Oahu and does the gauge LED swaps. I will try to find his name.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
SpaceGoat is on a distinguished road
SpaceGoat's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,thanks for the quick replys. The more I think about it, the more I want it ... I have soldered my own stereo, but those are no pressure because that will all be hidden under shrinktube and you can't really melt it. As for driving without gauges, it would be my luck it would be during that time I'd be in a random DUI check point or pull up next to a cop or something. Cops here are vicious for tickets. The stakeout sportsbars and follow the nicest cars home knowing that one will most likely pay the ticket faster rather than fight it.
If I could find someone on Oahu to do it or a local electrician that be best. So I just need to ask an electrician to resolder like 25 LEDs????
Old 01-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, just find a capable person to r&r like 20 led's. As far as driving without your gauge pod... that is one of the reasons I chose to do my own. If you can find somebody on the islands I think that would be your best route.