Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Where to get HID's from

Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get HID's from

Okay I was going to get some HID's from DDM, but seeing that one thread about the bulb mix up and them being busy to not answer the phone. I want to go through a place that is 100% guaranteed not to mess up with anything. If possible, please to post a link of where you got your HID's from (excluding DDM if you got it from them) and price.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
xenondepot.com

You can look for your price there. You need to do the research if you're buying it.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Contact Viet2100 or Yosh2000 on here...those dudes seem to know their shit when it comes to Head Lights
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
ddm...
Old 01-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
NoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoKz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NoKz's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my DDM ones for over a year and haven't had a single problem. I also have them in 3 other vehicles and all work great. You can't go wrong! Also, I didn't buy the raptor ones, I bought the slim ballast black ones.

My HID's provided some light for SoCal Mod Day 6.5, LOL

Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
** sorry to ask but one day I'd light HID's, what or where is DDM ?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
DDM answers their phones.. called twice and had service within 2 minutes.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
I have to vent a little about DDM tuning. I ordered new headlights and HID ballasts from them a few months ago. Everything was hunky dory until one of the ballasts went bad on me recently.

I tried calling them multiple times to only get a busy signal. I submitted a ticket with their helpdesk system and it says "will respond within 24 hours". It's been a week and I have received no response. At all. I called a couple of days after and finally got someone on the phone. They said "we're short staffed and just give us a day or two to respond to the ticket".

NOTHING.

Fine. I placed an order to replace the bad ballast. I submitted the order on Sunday night and STILL do not have a tracking number. Their website is currently down and the phone is ringing busy.

DDM tuning is crap in my book right now.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Mod-Express.com sells a solid kit.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered two hid kits from DDM Tuning, one for my headlights and Hella 500. They had everything in one box and it was clearly labeled what went with what. Both HID had separate instructions, but basically the same to install them. Both work and look great!

BTW, I placed my order on a Sunday and had it by Wednesday evening.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I think DDM customer service has gone downhill since they started selling their $40 HID kits. I don't think they can keep up with the order volume, but it'd be nice if they'd at least fess up to it.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #12
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

martie's Tacoma Gallery
I just have to share this about DDM Tuning. This is the guy the runs the company:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...74&postcount=5
Old 01-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #13
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Great....They sent me a bad ballast. I need to contact them.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #14

martie's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck dude. I'm canceling my order as soon as I can get through to them and going with mod express.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Took them about 2 weeks to ship my order out. I waited one week after placing the order and did not receive shipping confirmation. Called them and they told me they are out and will email me the tracking as soon as it gets shipped. This took a-whole-nother week. I understand that it was around Christmas and shipping gets hectic and busy, but I thought they should have notified people that their order has been on back order or whatever.

I ordered 2 sets of HID Raptors and one ballast wasn't working. I'm just looking for a replacement. After reading Martie's post about Jim Powell's post...Not sure if it's going to happen but I'll keep trying.

Bad customer service.

The lights are nice and bright though...

Buy at own risk?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #16

martie's Tacoma Gallery
That's all I want too - a replacement. They offer a "lifetime warranty" on their HID ballasts but what good is it if you can't get in touch with anyone to honor it?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #17
keithlandrum is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
keithlandrum's Tacoma Gallery
i bought my hids on ebay for 50 a set with shipping included they shipped from california to alabama in three days and i have not had any problems with them.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #18
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
that's what I don't want to go through (what Martie and Tim are going through). I want to go through a company that has not had anything go wrong with them, if there was a little mishap, their CS is able to respond no problem and even solve it easily enough so that there wasn't one.

I am going to see about Mod-Express or Xenon Depot. Thanks guys, I barely heard of this company before the holidays, it's a good thing I held off from purchasing anything from them (it sucks because I also live in CA).
Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure where emails would go to. I rarely read them unless an employee prompts me to do it.

If you need to speak to me and only me, I answer text messages. You can send me one at 619-885-6155.

DDM Tuning confounds and infuriates lots of people. I do this business purely to support a hobby segment that I enjoy. So, I act in odd ways. I don't read email. Threatening to not buy something from us has almost zero effect since I don't run it to make money and I don't draw any funds from it. I live on interest payments from other funds.

This probably seems oddly related to your approach of us, if at all. Bear with me. We have lots of money, we are wildly successful and motivated to do the right things to take care of the market. We just do it on our own terms. Those terms are not influenced to any great degree by normal market forces.

We're in it for the fun.

Reading email is not fun. Therefore I don't do it.

Text me with your name, number and a few words about what your contacting me about. ie, "Hi, I'm Joe Blow, 999-555-1212, I'd like to talk to you about web design."

Me or some other person who might be knowledgeable about your inquiry will get back to you nearly immediately.

Now, back to filtering my ****** emails...
What a D-bag...if your going to do business and offer a product to customers then you need to be ready for it and field the tough questions, not just the ones you like. honestly this guy sounds like a teenager or still acts like one. I wouldn't do business with someone like this even if they did have the best prices, because as you can see they don't care about you or your money. In this economy, give it to someone who can use it.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #20

martie's Tacoma Gallery
I finally got through to them. Apparently they were doing some kind of system upgrade on their phones/websites. I canceled the order and placed an order with Mod Express. Hopefully I'll have better luck with their kit.