Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

anyone know pa inspection laws?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know pa inspection laws?

ok so i mounted a cheap set of fog lights under my bumper as aux/ back up lights. so i went to add a switch so i could turn them on when ever and in the process i screwed something up the shifter locked, lost the heater and turn signals so i went to the dealer and they helped me figure out i shorted out on something and poped a fuse.

but anyway back on topic while there the guys that was helping me said he thinks under pa law the lights r illegal he said he thought one would be ok but not two, anyone know the truth about this?

also i have been planning to do a HID retro anyone know if a retro would pass inspection in pa?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
Any aux lighting on the front of a vehicle must be atleast, if i remember correcrly, 26 inches apart from center, tied into the high beams and covered.
As for the HID retro... no idea. I only check to see if all the lighting works, not how bright the are.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
my lights are in the rear of the truck and only trigger in reverse
Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
i have my state and emissions. there is nothing stated in our guidelines that state anything about HID's. (i checked into this today) As long as your low/high beams, turn, stop lights and 3rd brake are working properly. it will pass that part of the inspection. As for fog or after market lighting, i could care less when i inspect within reason....with the exception of lights on a roll bar, thats to obvious and a State Trooper will nail you...and me.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
Fitz

kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWro View Post
i have my state and emissions. there is nothing stated in our guidelines that state anything about HID's. (i checked into this today) As long as your low/high beams, turn, stop lights and 3rd brake are working properly. it will pass that part of the inspection. As for fog or after market lighting, i could care less when i inspect within reason....with the exception of lights on a roll bar, thats to obvious and a State Trooper will nail you...and me.
so basicly i should come see you next year lol thanks for looking for me is there anything in the book about bumper mounted rear facing lights?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
as long as they are wired into the reverse circuit, no. as for a aux switch to activate them with out being in reverese.....i know nothing
Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
Fitz

kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWro View Post
as long as they are wired into the reverse circuit, no. as for a aux switch to activate them with out being in reverese.....i know nothing
so what part of philly you in i used to go to school at drexel and i live just outside philly by the air port
Old 01-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
Im in ne philly, near the ne airport
Old 01-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any clue about rear lights....

Front lights have to be apart 20" center to center. If they are close together, they need to be covered. I've personally never had to worry about this. The only covers I've ever had were the plastic cages that come with the PIAA's.

Fog lights on with low beams
Driving lights on with hi beams

If you plan on wiring any lighting (front) indepedantly of the hi/lo beams (illegally in PA) - I'd put a fuse or plug somewhere that you can reach it. Because...for inspection, you can disconnect the power to those aftermarket lights and they can't fail you.