Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Xmitter Light Bar Placement?

Old 01-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
18seeds is on a distinguished road
18seeds's Tacoma Gallery
Xmitter Light Bar Placement?

I am obsessed with the Vision Xmitter light bars and am really trying to figure out where to put it? Any ideas? I don't want to put an aftermarket bumper on but am open to light bars and bull bars. Some of my ideas:

- Behind Satoshi Grill
- On the bumper infront of the grill
- attached to a low profile roof light bar
- in the lower grill

Anybody have some ideas?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
x2 I love the shit outa these things and have been wanting one since I first saw them. I would say either behind the satoshi or on a roof light bar..or lower grill! just get one!!!!!

oh and I need pics once you get it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
18seeds's Tacoma Gallery
as much as i hate the traditional roof light bars i think it would be sweet if you mount these underneath a single Yakima roof rack.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Check out WWW.rigidindustries.com they have the same lights for a ton cheaper. I am getting one of their 30" probably in two weeks and mounting it in the lower grill. Measurements will fit it exactly between the brackets of my current N-fab light bar. Check out the torture videos of what they put these bars through I think You'll be impressed. VisionX is way overpricer. Here's a pic of where mine will go.

Note the lower grill the N-fab brackets come through.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a bit irked that they don't come in 1 foot lengths (at least at rigid industries). That'd be perfect to mount between the middle 2 anchor points on the Avid offroad light bar.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
I'm a bit irked that they don't come in 1 foot lengths (at least at rigid industries). That'd be perfect to mount between the middle 2 anchor points on the Avid offroad light bar.
vision x makes a 12" one...for $500
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...t_detail&p=594

sierra expeditions carries both vision x and rigid industry LED lights...and Wil is a great guy to buy from
Old 01-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

sierra expeditions carries both vision x and rigid industry LED lights...and Wil is a great guy to buy from
Yeah, I saw Vision X had them. Scary pricing. It'd be easier to get the LED 4" circular lights.

Any other LED carriers yet? And are these even street legal?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

He'd have to do a lot better on the price than that. Almost $200 higher than I've been quoted.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
18seeds's Tacoma Gallery
maybe mount the light onto the nfab. that may work

anybody have the any photoshop skills?
Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck, would love to see how it looks when you get it
Old 01-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #11

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
There is a pic in a post somewhere on here where somebody photoshopped the bar into the grill. Can't find it though. Anybody know where it is at. Ben help out here instear of whining so much and find it.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #12

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Ben, you emailed that pic to me of the tacoma that was photoshopped.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #13

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
You have to scroll down a few pictures from the link above in Ben's post to see what my tacoma will look like in a couple weeks.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #14

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the one Ben. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #15

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
How much does the machine gun option cost you from Toyota, Ben? Can your dad get me set up?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #16

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
The black Tacoma was photoshopped. I hope mine turns out that well.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
Thats bad! First time hearing about these light bars. I need more pics please.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #18

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Tell your dad to order the parts. I'll drop it off at his dealership on Monday with a check.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #19
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
how much does that light bar run for the lower grille? how long is that>
Old 01-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #20

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Rigid industries run about $8-900 for a 30" bad and VisionX costs around 1200.