Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID failure

Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Angry HID failure

ok so i just got my shipment in of HID's from ddmtuning yesterday, so i went to the shop to get the 6k hi/lo beams installed and they worked perfectly fine when the car started up... DRL's came on, hi/lo worked fine. then when i went to fill up gas and turned the engine off then back on, none of the lights went on... I tried fidgiting with it and got the right side to work, but the left side didnt wanna come on.... then stopped at another store, turned off the engine, then turned it back on and now the right light went out as well.... could it be the connections? i was checking to make sure everything was plugged in correctly... and it didnt want to light up
Old 01-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I think you need to disable the DRLs for the HIDs to work.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Since the DTRL uses the blinker lights there is no need to disable it. Try the connections man. Unplug them and plug them back in. Make sure all the leads are in the plugs. I have had a set of DDM HIDs on my quad for over a year with 0 problems.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
make sure the ballasts are humming. I got a bad ballast from DDM... have yet to get my replacement! Bastards!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
one of mine from ddm has issues...first couple of times wouldn't fire up...now it fires up but flickers every now and then.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like this is a common problem...Martie is having major issues dealing with them too
Old 01-15-2010, 10:55 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...74&postcount=5
Old 01-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #8
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

Just read that post...

Why in the fuvk would you buy anything from a "company" (I use the term loosely) or a person whose attitude is like that is beyond me. What kind of attitude is that??? Or am I missing something here?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #9
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
try swapping the ballast's around. i had a problem with one of my lights not firing and switched the balasts around it it works fine now
Old 01-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #10
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
check your grounds this happened to me once would turn on one time and not the next, they should be tight and have a clear path to the body or frame
Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #11
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
buy cheap shit, expect cheap quality.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
shit im in the shop right now, we gonna try switch the ballast and did everything in the book and i dont want to cut that wire to the DRLS... cmon people IDEAS NOW!
Old 01-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
ok disregard this... ok so everything is good now.. thanks for the input.. the ballasts were both okay, switched the ballasts around and seemed to be good.. now i just have to turn on the lights before i start the engine to enable the DRLs. thanks for the input guys.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
ok so it stopped working again, i think one ballast is bad.. so would it be okay to swap in a different ballast by a different company with the same power? or could i swap both? or would i have to change the wiring again?
Old 01-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
the wiring should be the same, swap out the ballasts.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #16
ok cool thanks, well i just submitted a ticket to DDM but who knows how long that will take....