Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Product overload! Help me sort out

Old 01-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Product overload! Help me sort out

I just got a lightbar, and have been looking over the options. I think I'll stick with Hella (though I'd love a LED bar) for now. Looking at the 2 fogs, 2 driving light combo. Then again, there's the other half-dozen brands out there... this is mainly for rural/on-road use.

My question is, what's the difference in the Hella 500, 500FF, 700 and 700FF? Only difference I can tell between the 5-- and 7-- is the 700 is bigger. Any brightness difference?

And if I want fogs, should I get the yellow fogs, or stick with the white fogs?

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bump.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
OK, so virtually identical except size. Thanks for the link comparing them.

I guess my question really is, how do they compare to each other in performance? Does the 700 throw farther, is it a "pencil beam" or a Euro beam? For driving back roads in rural areas, I assume I'd want something I could see out to maybe 200 yards, but the sides of the road would be good too - I'm thinking Euro beam for that reason.

Other available choices in that price range?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
OK, so virtually identical except size. Thanks for the link comparing them.

I guess my question really is, how do they compare to each other in performance? Does the 700 throw farther, is it a "pencil beam" or a Euro beam? For driving back roads in rural areas, I assume I'd want something I could see out to maybe 200 yards, but the sides of the road would be good too - I'm thinking Euro beam for that reason.

Other available choices in that price range?

I'm no expert - but based on what I read - the Hella FF's are specially made to reduce the scattering of light. To me - that means that they are more powerful in a set direction.

Can anyone else comment?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
Another question - the 500 and 700 use the same bulb, right? The H3 55W.

Isn't that pretty similar to a regular headlight?

Where would I buy the 100W bulbs that folks talk about? I didn't see them on the Hella website.

Thanks some more.