Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

add-a-fuse/fuse tap

Old 01-17-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
new and improved
bill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shedbill-e-boy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: billy
bill-e-boy's Tacoma Gallery
add-a-fuse/fuse tap

guys,

I want to install my 55w Hella driving lights on my 2004 dbl cab prerunner...I read about the add-a-fuse or fuse tap that can be used to get power from the fuse box....how do I figure what size amp I need in this fuse tap?

is it 2 lights (55 watts each) 55 x 2...divided by 12 = 9.16 meaning I need a 10 amp fuse????

or is it 55 divided by 12 = 4.8 meaning I only need a 5 amp fuse???

thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
For feeding power to the foglights it should not come from the fuse box, power from the fuse box is used to enable the relay to let current pass from the battery to the foglights when the switch is ON and the vehicle is ON in which case a 10 Amp fuse would be fine.