Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

all pro bumper and piaa 5100

Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
j83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shedj83soldier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: joshua
j83soldier's Tacoma Gallery
all pro bumper and piaa 5100

Anyone who has an ALL PRO plate bumper and put piaa 5100 in. How did you wire them. I hooked them up with my stock foglight wires and they shine really dim. Has anyone elese hooked them up this way or is it needed to run new wires for them.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
coke_220 is a name known to allcoke_220 is a name known to allcoke_220 is a name known to allcoke_220 is a name known to allcoke_220 is a name known to allcoke_220 is a name known to all

Coast Guard: DC
Name: Rob
coke_220's Tacoma Gallery
have u hooked the lights up to the batt to see if they get brighter??
Old 02-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j83soldier View Post
Anyone who has an ALL PRO plate bumper and put piaa 5100 in. How did you wire them. I hooked them up with my stock foglight wires and they shine really dim. Has anyone elese hooked them up this way or is it needed to run new wires for them.
If you want the PIAAs to work with the stock foglight wiring, power them off of the battery and use the stock wiring to trigger a relay. Safe and simple.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok...I'll help ya out a little more. Go buy a standard 4 pole, 30amp automotive relay and some 16-14 gauge wiring and terminals. You can buy the relay at AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, Radio Shack, etc., etc.

Wire it up this way:

#30 (+) to battery with a 15-20 amp fuse as close to the battery as possible. I'm not really sure how many amps the PIAAs pull. But I'd think a 15-20 amp fuse should be enough.

#85 (+) to stock foglight positive wire. No need for a fuse here as the stock fuse will protect this end of the circuit.

#86 (-) ground

#87 (+) lead to PIAA foglamps
Old 02-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
05TRD4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post
If you want the PIAAs to work with the stock foglight wiring, power them off of the battery and use the stock wiring to trigger a relay. Safe and simple.
could you please explain i like the idea but not sure how to do it
Old 02-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TRD4WD View Post
could you please explain i like the idea but not sure how to do it
Look up 3 posts.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, I was thinking about this when I get the lights. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05TRD4WD's Tacoma Gallery
dont the stock fog lights have a relay on the wire harness already
Old 02-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TRD4WD View Post
dont the stock fog lights have a relay on the wire harness already
A dude with the same name...sweet!

Anyways, yes I believe they do.

I have my PIAA 5100 wired up to the stock wires and as per All Pro's instructions. They shine a lot brighter than my stock fogs did, OP you might have a bad set of bulbs.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
dustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nice
Army:
Name: Dustin
dustin19d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane Taco View Post
No! snip off the stock fogs. Strip, solder, shrink and wrap the lights into the stock wiring and they should work just fine with the stock dash switch. It's like a 10 min job. If not check your connections, then check the lights.
Don't run anything to the battery. The stock wiring pushes plenty of power.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin19d View Post
No! snip off the stock fogs. Strip, solder, shrink and wrap the lights into the stock wiring and they should work just fine with the stock dash switch. It's like a 10 min job. If not check your connections, then check the lights.
I agree that it should be fine. I was only offering him an alternative if he felt the stock circuit wasn't good enough.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
kyzmyss is on a distinguished road
kyzmyss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin19d View Post
Ok, help me out here...I did this and it kept blowing fuses. Any idea why this would be the case? When I tried it before soldering, shrink and wrapping it the fogs worked fine. Then I tied it all up and it keeps blowing fuses? Any ideas?