Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED bulbs in side marker lights

Old 01-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #21
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
the blue side markers are illegal in cali.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #22
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
look on ebay, i saw some for 7 bucks, each bulb has 12 led's
Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #24
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacoridah View Post
what size is the side marker bulb? I want to brighten the existing colors (since my taco is red, i'm going with orange on most of my upgrades).
Old 03-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #26
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
these will be brighter and more orange than the ones I had in there? I might have gotten the 194's I am not sure, they look the same to me.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #27
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
I'm confused...

what size are the side makers bulbs?

What size are the day lamps bulbs(blinkers bulbs)?
Old 03-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #28
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskie_78 View Post
I'm confused...

Side marker is 168. The blinker in the front is 4157.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #29
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskie_78 View Post
I'm confused...

The Side Markers Are 194! Centers Are Like 3157 or somthing like the 2057 maybe its one of those numbers!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #30
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Side marker is 168. The blinker is 3157.
Where did you get 168 that is not the right part number at least for my truck!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #31
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol... I'm still confused!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #32

194 side- Check

Front??
Old 03-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #33

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I Just Checked it Out It Is The Same Bulb So We Are Both Right The 194 Is Just Brighter 168 Is The One You Can Use In Place Of That One!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #34
Dra6ula is on a distinguished road
Dra6ula's Tacoma Gallery
I have some clear LED lights in the side marker. They look clear but light amber. I like the way they look because you dont see the orange look when the lights are off. They are made by jamstrait.com
Old 03-31-2010, 04:54 AM   #35
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb

I picked up these Monday at AutoZone (#194; $9.99) and installed them last night. It's pretty cool, they change between 7 colors supposedly. Something brighter and different than the regular orange bulb, and it's behind the orange reflector so it's not showing different colors unless you're close up. It just looks like the reflector is changing between different shades of orange.

I tried to capture a few different colors on my iPhone:
Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #36
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
I do believe manufacturers are required to make certain lights certain colors ie. red brake lights and amber turn signals. One exception is the red turn signal for a single combination brake/turn signal for the rear. However, I am not aware of any laws that require a vehicle owner to stay within those lines once the vehicle has been produced. Hence the clear turn signals that have abounded for some time now. This may of course change within a local jurisdiction and I am not certain. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is the case.
The laws vary from state to state. You should check the vehicle code for your state. In California, the only legal colors are amber/white to the front, amber on the side, and red/amber to the rear and 2-feet forward of the rear (white for backup lights).

The advantage of going stock is that your vehicle will be 50-state legal. If you start adding other colors, you could run into trouble outside your state, even if it's legal inside your state.

I would doubt that blue would be legal. That's usually reserved for law enforcement.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #37
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
So whats the deal? Is this legal or not? I live in maine and just picked some up....
Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #38

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
So whats the deal? Is this legal or not? I live in maine and just picked some up....
Just Put Them In And Have The Stock One In The Glove Box So If You Get Pulled Over Just Swap Them!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #39
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
It is illegal (blue lights).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1662056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Just Put Them In And Have The Stock One In The Glove Box So If You Get Pulled Over Just Swap Them!
This is not good advice. Having the bulbs is handy--yes, but don't explain to the officer that they're in the glove box. If you do that and try to plead with him, that implies you knew it was illegal and you did it anyway. That is a fast way to piss the cop off. He will show no mercy.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #40
maui808 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
maui808's Tacoma Gallery
what side did u get urs at i cant find anything let me kno i wanna get white ones? thanks..