Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED bulbs in side marker lights

Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Roccoaverto is on a distinguished road
Name: Rocco
Roccoaverto's Tacoma Gallery
LED bulbs in side marker lights

Has anybody tried LED bulbs in side marker lights to increase brightness compared to stock bulbs ? Is this an alternative to rewiring the larger turn signal bulbs for daytime running lights? 2007 Tacoma Double Cab
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoaverto View Post
Has anybody tried LED bulbs in side marker lights to increase brightness compared to stock bulbs ? Is this an alternative to rewiring the larger turn signal bulbs for daytime running lights? 2007 Tacoma Double Cab
have them they rock blue looks sick i think!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Roccoaverto is on a distinguished road
Name: Rocco
Roccoaverto's Tacoma Gallery
How about brightness during the day?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoaverto View Post
How about brightness during the day?
GOOD Nice And Bright Pep Boys Special HAHA 10 bucks!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
XRUNPBSD is on a distinguished road
XRUNPBSD's Tacoma Gallery
LED Bulbs

Are they brighter than the incandescent wedge bulbs that are stock? If so, by how much? Did they have different colors? I'd like to find some extremely bright Amber/Orange colored bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
GOOD Nice And Bright Pep Boys Special HAHA 10 bucks!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 AM   #6
kanelakos has a spectacular aura aboutkanelakos has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Prime BEEF Unit,DMAFB
kanelakos's Tacoma Gallery
I thought those lights were orange/yellow by law. All vehicle manufacturers make them that way stock. Logic suggests that there is a reason. Not a law?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #7
Drakken is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nevin
Drakken's Tacoma Gallery
I do believe manufacturers are required to make certain lights certain colors ie. red brake lights and amber turn signals. One exception is the red turn signal for a single combination brake/turn signal for the rear. However, I am not aware of any laws that require a vehicle owner to stay within those lines once the vehicle has been produced. Hence the clear turn signals that have abounded for some time now. This may of course change within a local jurisdiction and I am not certain. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is the case.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:48 AM   #8
kanelakos has a spectacular aura aboutkanelakos has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Prime BEEF Unit,DMAFB
kanelakos's Tacoma Gallery
This is an interesting read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automot..._light_emitted

I have not read it all , but some of what I read suggests that there ARE laws governing the color of lights on vehicles licensed for the road. Much more research to do as there are many state laws to consider.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
FFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really niceFFRNDAN is just really nice
Name: Dan
FFRNDAN's Tacoma Gallery
There are laws, believe me. I hope the guy with the blue marker lights doesn't get fined for impersonating a police officer. In Ohio, blue is strictly reserved for police only.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #10

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRNDAN View Post
There are laws, believe me. I hope the guy with the blue marker lights doesn't get fined for impersonating a police officer. In Ohio, blue is strictly reserved for police only.
That is only flashing lights bro and the law is not flash red and blue and it a fix it ticket big deal I have amber ones in the truck could change the$ faster them he could wright a freaking ticket haha
Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
are those plug in play or is there alot more to do
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Blue lights are still illegal. Remember washer nozzle lights? Everyone with those in blue or red got a ticket.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #13

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
are those plug in play or is there alot more to do
Heck yes sam bulb but led form you can puck up ambers ones at auto zone for 12 bucks or pep boys has blue green red and orange for 10 bucks the amber ones I use somtime from the zone are kinda better 4 leds in one the pep boys one is 1 big led great look and lastest so much longer
Old 01-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #14

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
#194 is the part number
Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #15
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool plug in play at auto zone or pep boys you're saying???
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #16

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cool plug in play at auto zone or pep boys you're saying???
Ya bro same light just grab any color #194 pull he old one and put I new in the only thing is if them don't come one the firt time turn the bulbs around they are one backwards haha 3 min mod if that good luck!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #18
00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Casey
00taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
have them they rock blue looks sick i think!
man those look sweet i have these
Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #19

00taco where'd u get yours?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #20
00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough00taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Casey
00taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
00taco where'd u get yours?
off v-leds they're uv purple

o and ur blue ones look sweet!