LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Black Headlight Mod on a Silver 05 Taco...YES OR NO??

Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
mtlheadhntr is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSgt
Name: Richie
Location: Live in South GA / From Milwaukee, WI (WI boy at heart)
mtlheadhntr's Tacoma Gallery
Black Headlight Mod on a Silver 05 Taco...YES OR NO??

Alright guys,

I am in Afghanistan right now and I am leaving this dump in a few weeks. I am itching to mess around with the truck when I get back. I am one the fence about doing the Blackheadlight Mod along w/ painting my stock wheels black. I would like some opinions from guys who have done it. Any pics of silver tacos with black headlights and wheels would be greatly appreciated. Im pretty sure I want to do the BHLM but I would like to hear the reasons that I should and should not do it. Thanks alot!

Richie
Old 01-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
First of all, congrats on coming home and thanks for serving this country.
My truck is silver with the "smoked" headlights from Toyota. It looks great. Yours should look great with the BHLM and black rims. I also want to get black rims. I've seen it on several silver trucks and they look great. Don't think you'll go wrong with the mods.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
X2. Glad your coming back!! And yes, you should do the BHLM and paint your wheels black!! I have seen a handful like that and they look great!!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Do it
Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #7
First off guys, thanks for nice comments. Us troops really appreciate the support we get from our fellow Americans! Now Im convinced to do the BHLM and paint the wheels. I will be blacking out my badges as well, fun mods w/out spending a ton of money. I will post pics when they are done. Thanks again!!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
YES!!!

It'll look awesome!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #9
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Yes!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
YES!!!

It'll look awesome!

Dude, that is what I want my truck to look like! That is the exact look I want to a T!! Black wheels, BHLM, Black Badges. Now you have me thinking of changing out my grill. Did you paint those wheels?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:57 AM   #12
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery

Yeah, they are just spray paint. It looks super clean though.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 AM   #13
Sorry to keep bothering you but I dig the way your wheels came out. What process and what paint did you use? Did you sand, prime, then paint. I like the finish, not to flat but not to shiny. Is it a satin finish?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #14
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
its your truck. dont let us convince you what looks good...
Old 01-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
its your truck. dont let us convince you what looks good...
You're right, it is my truck, but I like others opinions on it. I always thought it looked good, but I wanted to see if others thought the same. I especially listen to others that have a similar set up and went the same route that I want to go. Once again, thanks for the input!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #16
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
paint both the lights and the rims!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #18
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yes just dont fuck up the BLHM Like i did