Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning HID Failure!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
"You've Got Red on You"
SRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedSRQ TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Damon
SRQ TACO's Tacoma Gallery
DDM Tuning HID Failure!

SO tonight my HID bulb went out and I went to look. My headlight was filled with smoke so I immediately took the bulb out and it was black and it completely melted the shield housing. And it put a black spot in my headlight and its smokey still so now I need to open up the headlight and try to clean it. But now what should I do with the bulb?!? Call DDM and tell them what their product did and hope they fix it?

Old 01-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
wow i was just considering ordering them, i have never heard of this
Old 01-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear! I hope they will replace the bulb. I hope your headlight is not too bad.

I have heard bad reviews coming from them lately - shipping delays, sending wrong parts, and bad customer service.

I am glad I had not problems with them. *knock on wood*
Old 01-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Dont touch the BULB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get a RMA from DDM..You must do this before they will assist you..

-go to ddmtuning.com
-tech support
-submit a ticket
-wait.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ TACO View Post
If my headlight it messed up arent they obligated to fix it? SInce its their product that screwed it up?

I would hope so. I am sure the bulb melted some part of the headlight. Take pics and follow dually's advice.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
If they wont replace your light.. pretty sure they wont because what happened to you happens when you touch the bulb itself.. they blow up, I have a set of stockers I'd sell you cheap.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
s3
Klipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Klipp11's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
did you touch the glass bulb when you were installing them?

mine are on the way from ddm tuning as we speak!!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipp11 View Post
^^^
did you touch the glass bulb when you were installing them?

mine are on the way from ddm tuning as we speak!!
Just dont touch the bulb haha.. Ive installed numerous HID kits from DDM and theyve been pretty good except for a dead ballast.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #11
s3
Klipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Klipp11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Just dont touch the bulb haha.. Ive installed numerous HID kits from DDM and theyve been pretty good except for a dead ballast.
good to know that they've got a decent product, 'cause their prices are killa!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No I wore latex gloves which was reccomended. I know not to touch the bulb!
Hmm... but they're gonna try to cover their asses... unfortunately
Old 01-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #14
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
they might give you another bulb, but if the light itself is fucked.. they probably wont go for that
Old 01-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #16
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I may just suck it up and forget about that. Also I was thinking of getting the projectors from luminous solutions and using my ballasts and just opening my headlights and black them out and install that projector.
yeah! I have a box of 350z projectors that i might used to do a retro on my stockers as well!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #17
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just got back from a drive with one of my roommates (member ''Timicha'')... we were out aiming/testing the DDM 55W HID conversion we did on his Hella 500FF's tonight. They're amazing! SOOOO bright. I'm going to do the same with my Hella's for sure. DDM offers a lifetime warranty on their HID kits, so im sure they'll send a new bulb out to ya!

On that note, I've got a Slimcubby GB 6000K Bixenon HID kit for my truck and havent had 1, nor 2, but 4 failures of my digital ballasts in less than 2 months!!! It is insane! Highly frustrating! I'm currently awaiting a reply from a PM I sent to Paul earlier today on how he is going to handle this issue. I'm going to try to return his POS kit and get a DDM for my truck's headlights when I order the kits to convert my Hella's.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #18
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
lol i put up almost the exact same thread in the lighting post, i need to return my HID's that i purchased from DDM.. gave them a call and all they told me was to submit a ticket and wait... they said that you'll get a notice in your email..
Old 01-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe they get too hot in the 1st gen. housing? its smaller then the 2nd. and I'm sure heats up fast
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
good luck getting them to do anything

i wouldnt do business with them

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...74&postcount=5