Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HIGH and LOW beams at the Same Time!!

Old 01-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
HIGH and LOW beams at the Same Time!!

Check out this new Product that allows you to have your Low beams, High beams, and even you Fog lights all turn on at the same time for the ultimate in Lighting while using your factory lights!!

Activates your low beams with your high beams for a huge increase in lighting performance!!

Old 01-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having trouble viewing... can you post a bigger picture, please?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Well I could try...........Ha! Not sure why it turned out so large. Oh, well.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
TACONORM is a splendid one to beholdTACONORM is a splendid one to beholdTACONORM is a splendid one to beholdTACONORM is a splendid one to beholdTACONORM is a splendid one to beholdTACONORM is a splendid one to beholdTACONORM is a splendid one to behold
Name: NORM
TACONORM's Tacoma Gallery
OHHH SHITT......thats funny as hell...."havin trouble viewing" I needed a good laugh after bustin my ass installing flex a lite. Thanx mws4ua
Old 01-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
How much current would that draw with something like silverstars? Is it safe?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
How much current would that draw with something like silverstars? Is it safe?
Silverstars are no more wattage than the OEM bulbs.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
is it legal to use high and low beams and even fogs at the sametime ???
Old 01-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
You wouldn't use them in town or when there is oncoming traffic. Same as usual. But when you are the only one on the road, on a backroad, or offroading it gives you full light output using all of your factory lights at once.

Here's the link. They are available for the new trucks as well. Just haven't got the page built yet. If you are intrested, give us a call.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9704tacobritebox.htm
Old 01-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #11
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Silverstars are no more wattage than the OEM bulbs.
Yeah, but with incandescent bulbs wouldn't you be lighting both filaments at once drawing more current than either single? Just wondering how that'd work out, or if you'd end up melting something if you used them for a long time.

With the PnP HID Bi-Xenon kits this would be kinda useless b/c there's a solenoid that moves a shield to activate the high / low beam.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
gusotto
gusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: 3rd class Sonar Tech. Surface (STG3)
Name: Gary
gusotto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
is it legal to use high and low beams and even fogs at the sametime ???
I'd guess it IS illegal.
I know if I met a vehicle that didn't dim the high beams, He'd be getting high beam right back at him.

This is a DUMB idea unless you are TOTALLY off the public roads.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
mmmmmmbourbon.

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the time the law reads as no more than 4 forward lights. At least when I looked into putting fog lights on my old car. Something like an Acura Integra that has 4 lights, 2x high, 2x low obviously cannot have the fogs on with the high beams because that would be 6 forward lights. However, on my old Integra, the low beams would stay on with the high beams. If you had the factory fogs though, they'd shut off with the high beams on. It makes me wonder with the Tacoma if you have headlights and fog lights, that's still 4 forward lights regardless of high / low beam.

Things that make you say, "hrmm?..."
Old 01-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Yeah, but with incandescent bulbs wouldn't you be lighting both filaments at once drawing more current than either single? Just wondering how that'd work out, or if you'd end up melting something if you used them for a long time.

With the PnP HID Bi-Xenon kits this would be kinda useless b/c there's a solenoid that moves a shield to activate the high / low beam.
Yeah...You would be drawing more power, and getting the bulb hotter..
Old 01-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #15
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Q: How does Brite Box affect bulb life?

A: In millions of miles of on road testing (with thousands of Brite Boxes), we have found no negative effect on bulb life in vehicles that have had Brite Box installed. Top of Page

Q: If I want more light, can I upgrade to higher output bulbs or headlights?

A: Only if you choose your bulbs wisely. Bulbs that produce more light by simply putting higher wattage filaments into the bulb can cause major damage to your lighting system, even without a Brite Box installed. The reason is that the higher wattage filaments draw a lot more electrical current than the stock bulbs. This in turn can overload switches, wiring and / or headlight components. The only safe way to get more light without potential overloads is to use high tech bulbs that produce more light output with the same electrical draw as stock bulbs. These bulbs accomplish this with advanced bulb construction techniques. Some bulbs that fit this criteria are "Sylvania Silverstar" and "PIAA Platinum". Top of Page

Q: How do brighter bulbs (without Brite Box installed) compare to using a Brite Box with standard bulbs?

A: There is really no comparison. Honestly speaking the only advantage the brighter bulbs have over the Brite Box setup will be a slightly brighter low beam. The reason is that Brite Box does not affect (either negatively or positively) low beam only performance. Therefore the brighter bulbs will put out a little more light on low beam. When the high beams are engaged, the story changes. Yes, the brighter bulbs also produce more high beam light than stock - BUT the beam pattern does not cover the area directly in front of the vehicle. With Brite Box, there is an even carpet of light from directly in front of your vehicle to the farthest reach of the high beams. What would you rather have - A slightly brighter INFERIOR beam pattern (without Brite Box), or an even carpet of light that reaches from near to far. Remember, you can always upgrade to high tech bulbs with a Brite Box to maximize your headlight performance.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #16
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
The product must be for off-road use, but it doesn't state that on their website.

Also, in certain cases too much light can be a bad thing. This is why you don't run fogs with the high beams at highway speeds:
If you increase the foreground light, your pupils react to the bright, wide pool of light by constricting, which in turn substantially reduces your distance vision—especially since there's no increase in down-the-road distance light to go along with the increased foreground light. It's insidious, because high levels of foreground light give the illusion, the subjective impression, of comfort and security and "good lighting". http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...fog_lamps.html
Old 01-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #17
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
what I'm thinking is, they could melt the plastic? we've seen a couple of tacos here with melted headlights just for using the DRL.....
Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #18
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
You would have to talk to the Manufacturer about that issue. But all I can say is try it and I think you will like it.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #19
jlboudreau is on a distinguished road
jlboudreau's Tacoma Gallery
so when you put your high beams on all your lights come on but when u meet a car and you flick to low beam only your low beams and fog lights are on like they are regurlaly?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #20
uglygun is on a distinguished road
uglygun's Tacoma Gallery
I've driven Fords most of my life. On Fords if you pull back on the light lever for the "flash" feature of the high beams. The way Ford wired this lever is that it will ignite high beams regardless of if the low beams are turned on or not.

So yeah, if you pulled back the lever at night you had both high beams and low beams.

Where am I going with this? When I was back in high school I used to use "Melt 'em mode" all the time when driving around. I learned that I would burn out bulbs FAST by doing this.

I think you'll kill the bulbs before you kill the wiring harnesses.

I would like to have it wired so that I could run fog lights with high beams though instead of being limited to low beams along with fog lights.

Out in the country side I could see the high beams for reaching out far then having the fog lights fill in the gap along with the fill to the sides in front of the vehicle.