Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Map & Dome LED light problem 1st gen

Old 01-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
johnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nicejohnyt2 is just really nice
Name: johnyt
johnyt2's Tacoma Gallery
Map & Dome LED light problem 1st gen

I just installed some led festoon bulbs in my 2002 taco and discovered a problem. Without the keys turned on the ignition, the led bulbs are dim.(struggling to stay on) anyone know how to fix this problem plz?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
oregon.country is on a distinguished road
Name: Mackenzie
oregon.country's Tacoma Gallery
Same thing happened to my 2002 I was wondering how to fix it as well. How did you get the light cover off the lights above the rear view mirror?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregon.country View Post
Same thing happened to my 2002 I was wondering how to fix it as well. How did you get the light cover off the lights above the rear view mirror?
Under the mirror you will see a removable plastic tab, pry it off with a flat head and then pull the entire plastic piece off after that. Hope mine aren't dim :/
Old 06-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Thats just the way it is. Those connections dont get full power unless the key is in the ignition.

Pretty sure you'd have to do some rewiring to get it full power all the time. Probably run a new wire with a relay running off the old connection.

I suppose the reason they do this is to not have your battery run down as fast if you leave them on.