Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Dimmer

Old 01-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Dimmer

Does the dimmer switch suppose to dim the cluster? Because mine only dims the buttons when the headlights are on, it does not dim the cluster lights I don't remember if it did before, can anyone check quickly if yours dim. THANK YOU
Old 01-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
please anyone?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it does it on mine
Old 01-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
The little knob on my truck dims everything.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
crap, then its not working for the cluster, anyone have an idea to might would be the problem? it does dim everything else.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed65tacodude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wade
65tacodude's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it dimmes all the dash lights
Old 01-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to be patient but this truck is really testing me.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Just checked the fuses, they are alright, I'm clueless to what the hell is going on. Any ideas?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
it might have to do with the fact that you have a base model
Old 01-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
The thing is that I think I remember that they dimmed. Anyone with a base model can confirm?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap! its one of those days!, took my laptop to the garage to check suggestions on the forum while I checked fuses etc. Closed the laptop went inside open the laptop and now it dosen't do anything. lol.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #12
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
holy crap! its one of those days!, took my laptop to the garage to check suggestions on the forum while I checked fuses etc. Closed the laptop went inside open the laptop and now it dosen't do anything. lol.
Quit turning, twisting, moving, closing or opening things and go take a nap, when you wake up pretend it is Tues. and a brand new day
Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #13
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Uhh the only thing that dims in my truck when I turn on my headlights are the Odometer and the clock.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, but I'm talking about the dimmer switch on the left side of the cluster, what I meant is that the only thing my dimmer does is dim the switches and a/c control lights, obviously when the headlights are on, otherwise swtiches are off. I've been digging around the forum and it may be the dimmer switch itself that could have been damaged during installation of aftermarket radio, but my wiring is correct so I don't know...

I really don't care if it dimms the cluster or not, but I do worried about what caused this, because it could mean more trouble in the future. I'm going to double check my radio wiring again just in case.

... and if anyone is wondering about the laptop, I think its probably the inverter, I hope I can find one cheap on ebay.

EDIT: Okay the laptop is now working WTH? lol