Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Switch Blank Dimensions

Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Tacfroma
Rooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud of

Name: Jesse
Rooty's Tacoma Gallery
Switch Blank Dimensions

Hey would someone pleeeeeaaaase take the time to measure one of the those gray switch blanks down by the foglight switch and give me the dimensions? I'm trying to source a switch for my driving lights and need to know what will fit. I am away from my truck for the next couple of weeks working or I would do it myself.

Here is your chance at a little good karma! Thanks to any good Samaritans willing to help a brother out.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yee lets see http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45 that has switches and they say .830" x 1.450"
Old 01-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
That exact same switch from Oznium can be bought from Del City for $2.83. I ordered all my wired, fuse block, etc from Del City. The spec drawing included in Oznium appears identical to Del City's. I don't have the part number in front of me, but I have the SPDT wired up to my Lightforce 240's on my truck (on/off/on with hi beams).

Del City has a minimum $25 order, IIRC.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:41 PM   #7
Tacfroma
Rooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud of

Name: Jesse
Rooty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc409 View Post
That exact same switch from Oznium can be bought from Del City for $2.83. I ordered all my wired, fuse block, etc from Del City. The spec drawing included in Oznium appears identical to Del City's. I don't have the part number in front of me, but I have the SPDT wired up to my Lightforce 240's on my truck (on/off/on with hi beams).

Del City has a minimum $25 order, IIRC.
Thanks for the lead dude. How did you get a single pole switch to work with a on/off/on with hi beams setup? Don't you need two poles for the two power sources (hi beams/ignition)?
Old 01-31-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooty View Post
Thanks for the lead dude. How did you get a single pole switch to work with a on/off/on with hi beams setup? Don't you need two poles for the two power sources (hi beams/ignition)?
I think of switches as having an input and output to make it easier for me, so with a SPDT, that would be 1 output, 2 inputs.

So, he would've run the output (or common/single pole) to the relay, and the inputs (the two throws) to his headlights and ignition.

For our purposes, the exact same as a DPDT with the line going to the relay combined. Just two less connections to be made.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
Manlaan, that is exactly it. I have ignition-hot coming from an add-a-circuit to the top post, a lead coming from my high-beam headlight positive signal to the bottom post, and the center post goes to the relay. Very simple setup!

"Post" meaning the switch terminals.