Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Headlights Up Or Down Nob?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Headlights Up Or Down Nob?

Ay my peps i had a question about our headlights.... I noticed on my buddies jeep srt8 the he had a nob on top of the headlight were u can point the head light up or down.... I was wondering if we had the same...?? i have HIDs and all and u can imagine with my prerunner stance haha.... i was looking for one last night and couldnt find one...?? let me know if im an idiot or not lol... thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
Ay my peps i had a question about our headlights.... I noticed on my buddies jeep srt8 the he had a nob on top of the headlight were u can point the head light up or down.... I was wondering if we had the same...?? i have HIDs and all and u can imagine with my prerunner stance haha.... i was looking for one last night and couldnt find one...?? let me know if im an idiot or not lol... thanks
I think there is a bolt just above the headlight for the up and down and one on the side for side to side. I know for a fact there is one just 8000 miles away so i cant tell ya.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
I think there is a bolt just above the headlight for the up and down and one on the side for side to side. I know for a fact there is one just 8000 miles away so i cant tell ya.
thanks bud... is it above the headlight housing... like when u just open the hood...?? or in the housing itself... thanks for the help boss....
Old 02-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
i think only vehicles that come with factory HID's get the levelling motors as well. so if you added them yourself, then its doubtful you have the ability to raise or lower them from inside the cab.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
here ya go.

this one has pictures for you.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t199139.html
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
i think only vehicles that come with factory HID's get the levelling motors as well. so if you added them yourself, then its doubtful you have the ability to raise or lower them from inside the cab.
My bad didnt read good enough. HID i know nothing about. sorry my bad
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #7
KR FAB

Quote:
my buddies was after market.... but illl look tonight when i get back from school.... cuz i turned off my fogs last night and noticed the headlights are pointed super upward lol... thanks for the info....
Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #9

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
here ya go.

this one has pictures for you.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t199139.html
Rep inbound learned something new
Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #10
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
my buddies was after market.... but illl look tonight when i get back from school.... cuz i turned off my fogs last night and noticed the headlights are pointed super upward lol... thanks for the info....
unfortanely with after market HID's in a flector headlight that wasn't designed for the HID type of light, then what you are seeing is probably glare. all lights give off some type of glare, even projectors. they call them squirrel finders since they point up towards signs and stuff. not much you can do with the reflectors. even pointing the down, you are now pointing your squirrel finders towards oncoming traffic. its hard to balance it well
Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
KR FAB

Quote:
unfortanely with after market HID's in a flector headlight that wasn't designed for the HID type of light, then what you are seeing is probably glare. all lights give off some type of glare, even projectors. they call them squirrel finders since they point up towards signs and stuff. not much you can do with the reflectors. even pointing the down, you are now pointing your squirrel finders towards oncoming traffic. its hard to balance it well
Yea deff thanks... I stood in front of it or the first time and noticed it was pointed upward... And noticed it more at night... Thanks again for the info...