LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Accessory fuse question

Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
cko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of light

EMS:
Name: Chris
cko's Tacoma Gallery
Accessory fuse question

This is kind of a hybrid question, but I have a set of Hella 500 (FF, not that it should matter) lights and a Uniden CB Radio. Now, not that I'm the forgetful type, but it'd be nice to have the failsafe of "key off, lights/radio off."

I'd kinda like to have an anytime use of the lights regardless of what headlights are on. As far as I know, the accessory fuse is the only way to accomplish that. My question is can I run both the lights and radio through the accessory fuse, or is it gonna be too much?

If it is, I'll just relegate the Hellas to only on with parking lights.

Sorry if the question doesn't make sense, I'm pretty much a n00b when it comes to electric/wiring--especially with fuses/output/draw/relays/allthatfanciness.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 02-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
You could to it the relay way. Then your battery powers everything and the accessory fuse only runs the relay.
But to answer your question I don't think that the accessory could do it all. That is a lot of juice.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
cko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of lightcko is a glorious beacon of light

EMS:
Name: Chris
cko's Tacoma Gallery
So I put both (the lights and the CB) hot wires to the Hella relay where the hot wire for the lights should go?

If I'm way off base let me know, I don't know that much about electronics