Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning 35W HID kit

Old 02-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
DDM Tuning 35W HID kit

Anyone every buy the DDM Tuning HID kit?? If so could you tell us how hard or easy it was to install, and if you recommend others to get it. I'd like to know myself because I am on the market for them
Old 02-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
its all plug n play so its pretty easy to install... i shouldve done it myself but i got ripped at the shop.... directions are pretty straight foward.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
Anyone every buy the DDM Tuning HID kit?? If so could you tell us how hard or easy it was to install, and if you recommend others to get it. I'd like to know myself because I am on the market for them

Everything is straight forward, they include the instructions with their shipment. They also have instructions online. It took about 15 mins to install the headlights, mount the ballast in a dry place. It works great. I ordered mine a few months back, they delivered my order promptly (3 days) with everything working. Lately, I have read some people are getting bad ballast or their orders are taking a while to ship.

Here is everything you need for HIDs.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
sagebum is on a distinguished road
Name: James
sagebum's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine last week, they were easy to install. I'm satisfied.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
cdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura about

Name: Christopher
cdn_bacon's Tacoma Gallery
what do those kits cost?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
Penz83 is on a distinguished road

Penz83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Everything is straight forward, they include the instructions with their shipment. They also have instructions online. It took about 15 mins to install the headlights, mount the ballast in a dry place. It works great. I ordered mine a few months back, they delivered my order promptly (3 days) with everything working. Lately, I have read some people are getting bad ballast or their orders are taking a while to ship.

Here is everything you need for HIDs.
I just received my ddm h4 hi/low kit in the mail, obviously it's been a while since this original post but I noticed a difference in the kit. The older ones have a metal housing that moves from what I understand to switch between high and low, the kit I got has a shield on the bottom and it appears the bulb itself moves for the high low function.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #8

Penz83's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a YouTube showing me manually moving the bulb.

http://youtu.be/MXY8gSHcDYo
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #10

Penz83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
Just bought a HID kit for my fogs from DDM. Really easy to install; plug and play. Just need to find a good place to mount the ballast.
Let me know how the light patter is in the fogs if you can. I was thinking about getting another kit for my fogs to match my headlights, but am worried the hid in a fog housing will be too blinding for other drivers.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
Naholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud of

Name: Jordan
Naholo808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penz83 View Post
Let me know how the light patter is in the fogs if you can. I was thinking about getting another kit for my fogs to match my headlights, but am worried the hid in a fog housing will be too blinding for other drivers.
Yes it is really bright and can blind drivers. For me, I only use it when I only when 'm alone on the road or driving back-roads with no street lights. Other than that I don't use it.

I wonder if I could just change the bulb to 3000k or if I need to buy a whole kit again. Ill ask ddm via email later.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #12

Penz83's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'll stay away from hid in the fogs, I do a lot of city driving. I got 5000k I'll see how I like it, If not I may get some 4500k bulbs. My next project will be some hid lights in off road housings-for off road purposes of course.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #14

Penz83's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got my hid kit installed over the weekend-wow these guys are bright! I still need to re adjust my headlights to make sure I'm not blinding other drivers. The hi/low function works great, the light shifts up to where you would expect a hi beam to, I was skeptical about this but so far so good. The 5000k is very white, no yellow at all, maybe the slightest bit of blue, but I'm talking slight. I'll give them a go for a while but I'm thinking I would like 4500k better.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #16

Penz83's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any pics yet, I'll try to get some up after I get them properly adjusted. They are a good price, if they hold up for a couple years can't beat it. I'm gonna order a 55w kit and put in off road housings behind my grill, should be some nice extra light.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #18

Penz83's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking maybe some lights like these behind my grill. http://bit.ly/H0EfKB they are basically auxiliary driving lights. Right now I have some repurposed fogs behind my grill that don't really do much accept act as running lights. I really like the avid light bar but not ready to spend that kind of money.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

Name: Aren
jetta.the.hut's Tacoma Gallery
What's the dual in/out 10 dollar add on to the kit?