Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Trailer Light Convertor, for LEDs brake lights

Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
Trailer Light Convertor, for LEDs brake lights

I have an '09 Access Cab with LEDs brake lights, does anyone know what brand of trailer harness/convertor works with these lights? I know, from experience that Valley and T-One do not work. I need a convertor that will not back feed current from turn signals into the brake light circuit. I am looking for the connector type rather than the hard wire type.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
hmm I have an 09, Had no problems with the wiring harness i put on when i installed the tow hitch,
I think i bought this off ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...Q5fAccessories

I am pretty sure the one i bought said 09"
Old 02-07-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
Tried that model and did not work. The trailer lights work fine, but the vehicle lights, brake lights blink when the turn signals are put on.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgiiver View Post
Tried that model and did not work. The trailer lights work fine, but the vehicle lights, brake lights blink when the turn signals are put on.
interesting... hmmm..
this one says 09"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
mine has a big box for the taillights, the dealer had it installed before i purchased the truck....i would tell you what it is but they used what seems like a whole role of 2 sided tape to keep it in the frame rail so i can't get it out....but i can tell you its not a simple t connector, its like a 4in by 6 in box.

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-VWH~119190.htm

that one should work. Mine had to be hardwired in also. No plug and plays that i know of.