Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Best replacement bulbs on 2007 taco

Old 02-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Best replacement bulbs on 2007 taco

What are the best replacement bulbs, that are brighter and whiter for our second gen tacos...I dont have the money nor the time for HID's at this time so was wondering which would be the best for a bright white look without long installation time..
Old 02-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Well just food for thought...A good set of bulbs are going to be about $50. My HID kit was $77 out the door with shipping and tax.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
Well just food for thought...A good set of bulbs are going to be about $50. My HID kit was $77 out the door with shipping and tax.

well what kit did you get??
Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
i got the H4 hi/lo, 55W, 8000k
Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #5

Quote:
i got the H4 hi/lo, 55W, 8000k
by which brand, and how did you know what size (H4) to get?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I got some silverstars from wal mart for like $40. They're alot brighter than the stock ones, and are just a replacement took like 5 minutes to do.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #7

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
i got mine from ddmtuning.com . there are only 2, 55 and 35W, the difference is the brightness. i live in a rural area so i opted for the brighter option. and the 800k is the color.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #8

Quote:
i got mine from ddmtuning.com . there are only 2, 55 and 35W, the difference is the brightness. i live in a rural area so i opted for the brighter option. and the 800k is the color.
you got slim or regular ballast?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #9

Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Regular.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have Silverstar Ultras. Whiter, a little brighter. Nice little upgrade. I've ran HID kits before but decided not to on the Taco. But I agree that HID kits aren't going to be that much more and Silverstars have generally low life spans.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Sylvania XtraVision H4's. They light up the road a lot better and don't use up a whole lot of wattage. Longer bulb life, Silverstars are cool only if you want to spend money for new ones every month or two.

- Richard
Old 02-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #13
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
those HID looks like a pain in the ass to put on... how about this xtravision? are those good? are they still Yellow? I want white lights..
thanks!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
those HID looks like a pain in the ass to put on... how about this xtravision? are those good? are they still Yellow? I want white lights..
thanks!
they are "whiter" then stock and brighter. they last about 6-8 months better then the 1 or 2 for the sliverstars. u really can't get "white" light with out going to HIDs. but for about 20 bucks not bad choice thats what im running for now.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
thanks!
the hid's really arent that bad to put in..my friend put his in in 25 minutes... with no help...I think hid's are worth the investment, and cant wait to get mine!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
hids really arent worth the money unless ur going to put in projectors i bought a set of plug and play 6000k set and pulled them out a week later after getting highbeamed all the time. and with out projectors u dont get all that much improvement on useful output.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjf216 View Post
hids really arent worth the money unless ur going to put in projectors i bought a set of plug and play 6000k set and pulled them out a week later after getting highbeamed all the time. and with out projectors u dont get all that much improvement on useful output.
sounds like your headlights arent aimed properly....my friend has an 07 trd sport, he put his in and i go everywhere with him (he's basically my bro from another mother) and he never gets highbeamed at all
Old 02-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
Fitz

kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
to each his own
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #19
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
Does your friend ever leave the city? In town there is too much ambient light for most people to notice. I get highbeamed on empty, dark highways with Silverstars in OEM headlights.