Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Here goes nothing... HID Retrofit.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Here goes nothing... HID Retrofit.

So, I now have underway a HID Retrofit. The parts were all purchased from www.RetrofitSource.com. Headlights are stock and parts will be sourced from 2 sets. I plan to keep the BHLM look and just add projectors. Hope all turns out well.

This last pic is the headlights after I did a BHLM a few months ago, they will be reopened and parted out.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck. That is one thing even I don't know if I could do.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
good luck, i have the same ballasts as well
Old 02-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #6
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
x2 ^
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
I look forward to seeing how it turns out for you. Good luck and take your time as you will appreciate the end result!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 AM   #8
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
getchya ready
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #9
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I hope for the best.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #10

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery

Installing the harness for the HID's. Going with 35w D2S bulbs (4300k) and Morimoto Ballasts.

Special thanks thus far to G-sak for tech support.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #12

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery

Going well, still not into the "meat" of the retro yet but I have done the following; Wired the truck up with the HID harness, mounted the Morimoto ballasts, and taken apart the headlights. Time for a tactical pause to go to the gym. Hope to begin cutting the reflectors and fitting the projectors tonight.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
man this always gets me going... i've done the BHLM and Dash Mod but for some reason this one freaks me out +1 for having some giant cojones. good luck bro!! keep us updated.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #14
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, take LOTS of pictures!!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah yeah yeah. Take lots of pics. I want to see how well this comes out
Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #16
jimker55 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
jimker55's Tacoma Gallery
interested in seeing how it comes out....
Old 02-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Nice, take LOTS of pictures!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Yeah yeah yeah. Take lots of pics. I want to see how well this comes out
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimker55 View Post
interested in seeing how it comes out....
see the link in my sig and this post, im sure it will be much like it.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #18
WATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the roughWATacoRider is a jewel in the rough
WATacoRider's Tacoma Gallery
where did you mount the ballasts and how did you run the wires across the radiator? Pics?

I kinda want to remount my ballasts, but they work where they are. Just a little more exposed than I would prefer it though.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-retrofit.html
Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #19
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
g/l man!!!

can't wait to see the end result
Old 02-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #20
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATacoRider View Post
I kinda want to remount my ballasts, but they work where they are. Just a little more exposed than I would prefer it though.
why do you need to remount? are those ballasts water resistant like the matsushita's? if they are enclosed and have a gasket around the plug, why be worried?