Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hella Black Magic HID Conversion?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Hella Black Magic HID Conversion?

I was just wondering, could one do an HID conversion on a set of Hella Black Magics? The housing for that looks really slim and I am not quite sure how it would work.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
It's a pain in the ass. You need to take h3 bulbs, black magics use h2. You need to cut some of the metal cross-hair out of it drill a hole in the back and then either take flashing and make a holder or flatten out the bulb holder that comes with the lamp and then use wire to hold the bulb in. I'll try and see if i have some pictures.
This is because the stock bulb filament sits farther in then the hid h3 bulb arc. So you need to get the bulb to is in further. it is doable but it's tedious
Old 05-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Krusey1011 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Ordnance
Name: Kyle
Krusey1011's Tacoma Gallery
That's a bummer to hear because I wanted to change all my lights to HID and I really like my Black Magics. From the sounds of it, not worth it to me.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
it's not terrible it just takes time and a little screwing around to get the light focused properly