Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Wiring Fog lights without a switch?

Old 02-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Tdup is on a distinguished road

Name: Trey
Tdup's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring Fog lights without a switch?

Sorry to post another fog question, but i want my fog lights to be on at all times when my park lights are on (park, lowbeam, highbeam). I have factory fogs and the bulbs, wire, relay, fuse....etc. btw i have a 4cyl. so it is NOT prewired. So can i tap of the positive side of the park light and run that wire to the 85 side of the relay and not have a switch inside at all? all input and pictures will be much appreciated
Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
You surely can. I wired mine with the control voltage of the relay powered by the positive side of the parking lights, with a switch breaking common after that. You can just forget about the switch and do it that way- it's fairly simple.

I attached the PDF for the wiring schematic. In the factory version they use the low beams for the relay coil, just use the parking lights like I did.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf em01d8.pdf (26.1 KB, 167 views)