Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Good HID Kit????

Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
bjohnson23 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
bjohnson23's Tacoma Gallery
Good HID Kit????

I am looking for a good Hid kit but dont have the money to buy one of the $200 kits. Has anyone had any luck with an ebay kit or know of a good site?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my HID headlights and fog lights off of ebay and I think they work great. I mean there are tons of different sellers on there but just shop around and you will find some you want.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
Mckeown343
Kyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really nice

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
KBrownCustoms.com Is where i got mine he runs a little more than DDMtuning.com but i like the product he is putting out. Lifetime warranty!!! What you looking for your headlights?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #5

i have a set of projector headlights in my taco what is the best K rating to get for the projectors and also for the fogs?

firefighter did you go with the same in the fogs and in the headlights?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
Mckeown343
Kyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really nice

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt really matter its up to you on the color that you want. My brother put 6k in his projectors and they look pure white. Very clean look.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #7

is it better to go with a 35w or a 55w kit?
Sorry for all the questions i dont know crap about HID's
Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnson23 View Post
i have a set of projector headlights in my taco what is the best K rating to get for the projectors and also for the fogs?

firefighter did you go with the same in the fogs and in the headlights?
No, I got 55W 6K for the headlights and 35W 3K for the fog lights. The 6K has a slight blue tint to them and the 3K's are yellow.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
Mckeown343

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
35 watt is normal but still like 3 times brighter than a halogen. The 55 watt are ridiculous!!! I have 4 55 watt 8K. With all four on its so so bright!! I have been pulled over 4 times already. I would go with 35 if i was you. Cops are looking for these now!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
35 watt is normal but still like 3 times brighter than a halogen. The 55 watt are ridiculous!!! I have 4 55 watt 8K. With all four on its so so bright!! I have been pulled over 4 times already. I would go with 35 if i was you. Cops are looking for these now!
Dang you got 55W's in your fogs too?!?! I have 35W's in mine and even those are a little to bright!! I still havent stood way back from my truck to see if it blinds oncoming traffic. I know my headlights and PIAA's dont but not sure about my fogs.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
Mckeown343

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
Its the fogs for sure because the fog lights dont have a cover over the bulbs like the headlights so its just straight HID the cops dont say anything about the headlights just the Fogs.

I am on the Left.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
so you have to buy separate kits for fogs and headlights...6k seems to be the middle of the road, and 55w is brighter..how hard are they to install?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Yeah i know, the fogs are just straight up without covers so they are bright as hell!! I pointed mine down further from the rear adjustment but that didnt help much.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
Mckeown343

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
Yes they are separate kits. They are super easy to install its Plug and Play!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Toyotabogger View Post
so you have to buy separate kits for fogs and headlights...6k seems to be the middle of the road, and 55w is brighter..how hard are they to install?
Yes, you have to buy separate kits for both. They are very easy to install. You will just need to figure out where you want to place your ballasts. I need to move my fog ballasts because they interfere with my radio reception when they are on.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #16
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yes, you have to buy separate kits for both. They are very easy to install. You will just need to figure out where you want to place your ballasts. I need to move my fog ballasts because they interfere with my radio reception when they are on.
Do they just plug in or is their a separate power source ran to light
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #17
Mckeown343

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE]Yeah i know, the fogs are just straight up without covers so they are bright as hell!! I pointed mine down further from the rear adjustment but that didnt help much./QUOTE]

Haha Same here !!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Toyotabogger View Post
Do they just plug in or is their a separate power source ran to light
Well for the headlights you have to hook them up to the battery and run a wiring kit but it is very easy because it is all pretty much plug-n-play. For the fogs, you just hook them up to the existing lines, no need to run power to the battery.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Well for the headlights you have to hook them up to the battery and run a wiring kit but it is very easy because it is all pretty much plug-n-play. For the fogs, you just hook them up to the existing lines, no need to run power to the battery.
o ok so just kind of splice into the fog wires and run power from battery but they work off stock light switch?, and do the bulbs burn out??
Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #20
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
DONT buy Xentec off ebay. I had a set of 35w and the ballasts had a short, then I couldn't get a hold of the little worm who sold them to me despite the "lifetime warranty"