Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What did I just buy? Can you ID them?

Old 02-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
What did I just buy? Can you ID them?

I bought some PIAA lights off CL yesterday - looked in good condition (except rusted mounts). Anyway, no identifying marks on them to tell me voltage, model, etc. Is there some way to figure out what watts they're drawing? The bulb looks like an H3, but I haven't pulled it apart yet. Also, in the third picture, there's a little rubber L-shaped nub by the wiring. Is this for anything? I ask b/c I know the H3 bulb has a wire that somes off too, and I wonder if I'm missing a bracket or something. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
The L shape rubber piece is fully intact. It allows the light housing to breathe and is mounted correctly. In the 3rd pic it shows half of the mounting bracket is missing. If you can give me some dimensions on the light I can probably tell you what series it is. I know for a fact it is an Ion Crystal Fog light pattern. My guess would be 510 or 520 series.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks for confirming the L-piece gizmo is correct.

It's about 6 1/4 inches diameter, about 2 1/2 inch deep. That fits the 520 series, right? To back up my theory, the grill over the lens is a PIAA outline, not filled in as the 510 looks.

The bracket is a bit rusty. It's got some Rustoleum drying on it currently. Thanks for noticing.

So, if the 520, it runs the 85W H3 right?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
Thanks! Guess I have some shuffling of the lights in the next couple days!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
X2, those look like the 520 series PIAA's. I also have them to but with a different beam pattern and clear lens.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
X2, those look like the 520 series PIAA's. I also have them to but with a different beam pattern and clear lens.
How do you like them? I assume they're the driving pattern?

I'm not sure how I'm going to like the fog pattern, but I was kind of hoping for a light that lit up maybe 50 yards. And besides, $40 on CL was too damned good a price to pass up!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
How do you like them? I assume they're the driving pattern?

I'm not sure how I'm going to like the fog pattern, but I was kind of hoping for a light that lit up maybe 50 yards. And besides, $40 on CL was too damned good a price to pass up!
Yes, they are the driving pattern so they are more of a solid beam. I really like them! I pointed them to where they pass just where my headlights cut off for some extra illumination. I use them a lot on the highway for DTRL's as well. But yeah, $40 is a really good price!!