Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Making some new headlights. IN NEED OF CLEAR OR SMOKED LENS COVER/CORNER REFLECTOR

Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Making some new headlights. IN NEED OF CLEAR OR SMOKED LENS COVER/CORNER REFLECTOR

So my first try at the BLHM wasn't bad, but I am somewhat of a perfectionist so it was definitely not good enough. Luckily, I'm getting a second try.

I came across a pair of 08 OEM's but I want the clear-ish corner reflectors and turn signal lens cover. I've hear that these are hard to come by. Is that true? Or is there a company/vendor out there that sells them?

Also, please leave any tips or comments about the BLHM. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
Banned
taco_xr will become famous soon enough
taco_xr's Tacoma Gallery
Member here is making a mold for clear reflectors. Not sure what his status is
Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I remember reading about the mold too, I forget who it was. Otherwise you have to buy ebay lights to get them.

I bought a couple sets of lights just for that reason. I found a few local ebay places in SoCal and started calling asking if they had any broken headlights.

I scored a set of headlights that had a scratch in the back that they considered it broken even though they looked perfectly fine. Another set I got from them had a broken lens. Each set cost me $40 but all I need were the same parts as you so I trashed the rest of the light pieces.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Very interesting... I might try what you did, 1BlkT. You wouldn't happen to have any left over would you? Haha

Taco_XR, do you know who is making them?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^ nope, i got his last set!!

crap, i was supposed to mail those pieces to the guy to create the molds...crap, i'll have to do that tomorrow!!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
It's a work in progress.

Damn. I'll just have to be patient I guess? I'm not very good at that.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
i bought the ebay ones with clear turn signal cover and clear reflector...came out very nice.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
It's a work in progress.

I'd much rather paint OEM's myself than buy ebay lights.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
Backpack Guy is on a distinguished road

Name: Anthony
Backpack Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,

A little late, but I am doing to do the retro mod and BHLM and I need a pair of turn signal covers, anyone have any extras, or leads?

are clear lenses only aftermarket?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpack Guy View Post
Hey guys,

A little late, but I am doing to do the retro mod and BHLM and I need a pair of turn signal covers, anyone have any extras, or leads?

are clear lenses only aftermarket?
Ask this guy http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...sale-more.html
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #11
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
OEM are slightly yellow and get more yellow with age. the clear ones only come on the aftermarket egay headlights. they are not PnP, you have to mod them slightly as well as mod the headlights to get them to fit properly.

the only way to get the clear ones are to salvage them from the egay headlights, or be lucky enough to find a guy that has some laying around...which is almost never!!