Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Does the radiator emit lots of heat?

Old 02-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
Does the radiator emit lots of heat?

Quick Question:

I'm placing 2 hella 500's behind my grill right now. I've found two holes that are symmetrical to the grill. The only problem is that the holes are close to the radiator. I've mounted them where I want them, but when the lights rest, they touch the radiator. Hence my question: does the radiator emit lots of heat? So much heat that the housing and wires touching the radiator would melt?

Here a picture of the install to better understand my question.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Does the radiator emit lots of heat?-hella-500-radiator.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i have my HID's behind the grill but not that close to my radiator. i made a mount bar back there works good. no problems with heat! yet...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Atomic Punk
Apple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Apple X C0re's Tacoma Gallery
The radiator does get fairly hot, but im not sure if its hot enough to melt wires.. I'd insulate them to be on the safe side
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea. I think I'm going to move them to another spot. It just doesn't look good. I don't like saying "what's that smell?" and then realizing that I'm frying some component on my truck. Haha. Thanks guys!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
www.EvolvedFinance.com

Ok. Now I put a hole in my radiator. Crap. Is that bad? Its about 1/4" around.

Someone please let me know ASAP. I think I'm about the have a heart attack.
Attached Thumbnails
Does the radiator emit lots of heat?-radiator-hole-photo.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoorreeyy View Post
Ok. Now I put a hole in my radiator. Crap. Is that bad? Its about 1/4" around.

Someone please let me know ASAP. I think I'm about the have a heart attack.
i think thats the ac condensor,the radiator is behind it.as long as the ac works,its ok