Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Wiring LED's to turn on with dome light.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
aleok is on a distinguished road
aleok's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring LED's to turn on with dome light.

Anyone can help me wire some LED's to turn on when the dome light turns on when the doors open? There must be a wire i can tap into correct?

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #3
aleok's Tacoma Gallery
thanks. In his diagram... what/where is the IGN 12v? do you know the color and location? Also what is a "jumper"? do i just connect the 87, 30 and 85?
Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleok View Post
thanks. In his diagram... what/where is the IGN 12v? do you know the color and location? Also what is a "jumper"? do i just connect the 87, 30 and 85?
k thats the part that i did a little differently. i didn't use a jumper and my relay is a bit different. i gotta go look again lol.

the IGN 12V is so you can turn it on on command using a switch. this is the part i did differently. its basically just another route for your power to get to your lights, overriding the relay.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
aleok's Tacoma Gallery
ok, can you let me know when you recall?

also where is the IGN 12v wire?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Mikey09 is on a distinguished road
Mikey09's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Tacoma 4x4 with 4 doors.

can some one tell me how to connect led to dome light? i want when i unlock or open door the led turn on same time as dome light.I open the dome light yesterday it have 3 wire in there i am not sure which one to connect to.

thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
abec34 is on a distinguished road
abec34's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
i used this for my guide...pretty much running the same thing but white instead

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=16272

i connected my led lights to my door trigger so they will turn on once the door opens but its not giving off enough power the lights are very dim how come?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by abec34 View Post
i connected my led lights to my door trigger so they will turn on once the door opens but its not giving off enough power the lights are very dim how come?
i've changed it up since then.

the door triggers are negative charge, so i used a three way switch to switch the grounds instead of using a relay.

i have a writeup buried somewhere in my build thread.