Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

considering 05-10 Tacoma LED Strip Projector Headlights - Black (R8 Style)

Old 02-22-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
AtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to all
AtlanticTubes's Tacoma Gallery
considering 05-10 Tacoma LED Strip Projector Headlights - Black (R8 Style)

Has anybody seen these headlights yet?

05-10 Toyota Tacoma LED Strip Projector Headlights - Black (R8 Style)
from DashZracing

if so and have pics...lets see them.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlanticTubes View Post
Has anybody seen these headlights yet?

05-10 Toyota Tacoma LED Strip Projector Headlights - Black (R8 Style)
from DashZracing

if so and have pics...lets see them.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and welcome to TW.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
AtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to allAtlanticTubes is a name known to all
AtlanticTubes's Tacoma Gallery
thnx for the quick response.

but does anybody have these installed on their tacoma?
pics>
Old 02-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Member The_End has them. Apparently they are the best quality of the 3 projector headlights they sell on eBay.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...led-build.html
Old 02-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
stop considering....
Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
still gonna be nothing like a retro tho
Old 03-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
I had one type of the projector headslights and im probably gonna go back to stock and retro fit them this would be the best picture i would have
Old 06-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techoma View Post
i like mine! Changed out the 194s with high intensity 194 stubby leds!
John, the front of your truck looks awesome! John
Old 06-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
These look like the ones pictured above, the wiring looks "sketchy" at best. How hard is it to wire up? I want a set of these too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-10-TOYOTA...cfeda3&vxp=mtr
Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #12
Safe Act is anything but!!!
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Johns Taco;5297384]These look like the ones pictured above, the wiring looks "sketchy" at best. How hard is it to wire up? I want a set of these too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-10-TOYOTA...mtr[/QUOTE]

Hey John! How goes it??? We miss ya around here! The lights are nice. Not the best things in the world... but a great look for the price. Wiring is VERY easy... and many options. I bought mine used (TW) so they were a bit cut up. With only 2 wires to each light... there are many options how to wire them.... DTRL... multiple turn signals... etc. Burg and I put em in in less than 2 hours... then a couple weeks back, I pulled em to add the green LEDs (From CSJUMPER) and trimmed all the wires... mounted the ballasts... made them look perfect!. I do wish I had the Black ones... but same style. I may go that route after awhile... but in the meantime... it does look cool as shit for an old guy!!! Thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #13
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
I have the black ones!!! I love them csjumper and I put HID's in them and wired all of it up. Fairly easy to wire.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #14
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The projector performance on those is horrible. I don't recommend looks over performance when it comes to lighting. There just is too much to risk.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #15
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
The projector performance on those is horrible. I don't recommend looks over performance when it comes to lighting. There just is too much to risk.

They look good, YES. The projector top line looks to have an almost "eyelash" effect which is nowhere as clean (perfect horizontal line) as my 2012 Highlander stock projectors. With that being said... with HID's installed, there is PLENTY of light, and MUCH better than stock or the brightest non HID bulbs in a non projector housing. I've been through literally 8 or 9 combinations of housings and bulbs up to this point. I can see great... and I never get "flashed" anymore. With my OEM's with BLHM and 55W HID's... people flashed me all the time. I may have had better side light... but that is it. If I need more light for off road... well a click of a toggle switch will cure that!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #16

Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
I have the black ones!!! I love them csjumper and I put HID's in them and wired all of it up. Fairly easy to wire.

I'm contemplating opening mine up and going BHLM. If I do, I want to turn the "BMW"rings green. I was trying to find the bulb to change it a couple weeks ago... but it appears they are internal.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techoma View Post
MUCH better than stock or the brightest non HID bulbs in a non projector housing.
my OEM reflector w/ 85w bulbs and upgraded wiring would blow those projectors away...just sayin...even if you installed a cheap PNP kit....
Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #18

Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
my OEM reflector w/ 85w bulbs and upgraded wiring would blow those projectors away...just sayin...even if you installed a cheap PNP kit....
Focused light... being able to see far enough to dive with just the headlights and not blinding oncoming traffic... It works for me. Got Glare? Yup... and I only use it off road. I prefer my HID's in Projectors.... Had em in the stock reflectors... and can see just as far... but I'm sure your OEM reflectors are much better than my OEM reflectors were.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
NFS257, how did you wire up the HID's....our trucks only have the one connector for the hi/low beams and your aftermarket lights have the hi and low beams seperate??

reason I'm asking is that I just got the same lights and want to put HID's in them but can't seem to figure out the wiring so that my hi beams still work (not HID's)