Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

How to remove factory fog lights?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #21
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
this is annoying. i cant get the back clip out.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #22
ESWOOSH is on a distinguished road
ESWOOSH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Thanks Pugga. I should have addressed the moisture issue long before but just put it off until now. I currently don't have any condensation (not anymore) in the housing but because of the water that got in there a while back and dried out, it has a dirty yellowish color to the lens.

Since they don't come apart like the headlights, I'm thinking of buying one of those brushes that are used for washing baby's bottles & such with the foam on the end to scrub the inside of the lens through the hole where the bulb goes in. Thinking of simply using soapy water... Any other product I should use instead?

okay i know this is a blast from the past but you keep saying that they dont come apart like the headlights. what do you mean? you can take stock tacoma headlights apart without having to heat the jbweld or cut it open? this is news to me and i can only imagine that the foglights work exactly like the headlights do (in my thought, please correct me if im wrong) which means if you take a heat gun (or just put the whole housing in the oven for 15 minutes) to the edge where the clear plastic meets the opaque plastic and the clear part should just come right off from the opaque.

Now that im typing this im starting to see that perhaps you cant heat the foglight to remove the clear plastic and that maybe is what you mean by they dont come apart like the headlights. in which case i would greatly appreciate your response / correction of this thought