Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Halo LED's.... Worth It?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
StarScream08 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brody
StarScream08's Tacoma Gallery
Halo LED's.... Worth It?

I've been looking at some Halo's for a while, and I'm not sure if i should invest in some or just do the bhlm. Opinions?
Old 02-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
IMO i dont like the look of them, they look ricie, but other people like them and good for them
Old 02-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream08 View Post
I've been looking at some Halo's for a while, and I'm not sure if i should invest in some or just do the bhlm. Opinions?
BHLM and Retrofit if you're dead set on having projectors.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
BHLM and Retrofit if you're dead set on having projectors.
x2. That is what I just did. BHLM, the eventually gave in to the HID Retrofit. www.RetrofitSource.com. Matt was very helpful and can help put a package together for you.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #5
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
Ahem...
I boughtem... They fogged up... Then stopped working...
I got a new set to replace them for 100 dollars in shipping and etc...
I siliconed every crack crany hole and whatever...
They fogged up then stopped working...
I ripped both sets apart... Rewired them the american way...
They both work now... and only fog up temporarily when its real cold...
Also! the leds are only at the bottom 4. The rest of it are NEON tubes... like in bar signs n stuff...
Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #6

Thx for the help, i'll probably just end up doing the bhlm. Save me the money i just really liked the look of the halos, but i guess its probably not worth it.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoManChach View Post
Ahem...
I boughtem... They fogged up... Then stopped working...
I got a new set to replace them for 100 dollars in shipping and etc...
I siliconed every crack crany hole and whatever...
They fogged up then stopped working...
I ripped both sets apart... Rewired them the american way...
They both work now... and only fog up temporarily when its real cold...
Also! the leds are only at the bottom 4. The rest of it are NEON tubes... like in bar signs n stuff...
Those are cathodes (CCFL). They are much brither than LEDs.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Those are cathodes (CCFL). They are much brither than LEDs.
well... i ripped my head lights apart...
And Broke a couple of the tubes on accident...
and played with the wiring...
so... you callem cathods...
i callem bar light neons
Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
stephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant future

stephbm6's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine for 2 years and no problems.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #10
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoManChach View Post
well... i ripped my head lights apart...
And Broke a couple of the tubes on accident...
and played with the wiring...
so... you callem cathods...
i callem bar light neons
I am just educating you. Neon tubes have neon, and cathodes are rays of electrons given off by negative electrodes. Don't give other people the wrong information. Imagine if someone else gave you the wrong information and made you look like an idiot.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
get the egay ones and replace the halo ring w/ these!!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
I am just educating you. Neon tubes have neon, and cathodes are rays of electrons given off by negative electrodes. Don't give other people the wrong information. Imagine if someone else gave you the wrong information and made you look like an idiot.
appreciate it,
I was just saying I like my dumbed down approach
Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
check your local laws before puting red lights on the front of your vehicle!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #14
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of purchasing the same thing but with all the trouble of fogging up then going out I'm a bit iffy on. Can someone educate me on BLHM and that other Retrofit thing...maybe a link or picture too.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.21 View Post
I was thinking of purchasing the same thing but with all the trouble of fogging up then going out I'm a bit iffy on. Can someone educate me on BLHM and that other Retrofit thing...maybe a link or picture too.
x2!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
wow, that would be siiick. but i'm kind of a newb at this stuff and wouldnt know the first thing on how to do that
Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #17

i think i might get these :P http://www.xtralights.com/05-08toyot...blackpair.aspx
Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #18
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
I love mine and never had a problem with them.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream08 View Post
those are different ain't seen them before
Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...out-these.html

Here is another thread about those ones. The ones I have are very similar. The gen 3 of what I have dont have the CCFL eye brows anymore.