Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

4 Hella 500 lights behind my grille

Old 02-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
t.robert is a jewel in the rought.robert is a jewel in the rought.robert is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
t.robert's Tacoma Gallery
4 Hella 500 lights behind my grille

I just recently put 4 Hella 500 lights behind my grillcraft grille. its way brighter than just the two and I think it looks better. What do you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails
4 Hella 500 lights behind my grille-tacoma.jpg   4 Hella 500 lights behind my grille-tacoma1.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Mckeown343
Kyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really nice

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
That looks way better than two!!! You made me want to get four now. How hard was the install? Nice truck by the way
Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
t.robert is a jewel in the rought.robert is a jewel in the rought.robert is a jewel in the rough
The install was not hard at all, I've had the two outside ones on there for a few months now and that first install was kinda hard but all do-able. then I just drilled two more holes and mounted these up and tapped into the wires that were already there from the first two.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
How bad does it affect the cool air flow to your radiator? Looks awesome but on a long hot drive AND say you have the lights on?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Mckeown343
Kyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really nice

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a place to mount them ? Did you make your own bracket?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #7
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome, good job!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
How bad does it affect the cool air flow to your radiator? Looks awesome but on a long hot drive AND say you have the lights on?
Well I just put them on there last week and its February so its kinda hard to tell since its cold out anyway. There is still a lot of places where the air can get through so i don't think it will be too bad. Especially since I only put them on at night and its usually not to hot out at night.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
did u build a bracket
Old 02-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.robert View Post
Well I just put them on there last week and its February so its kinda hard to tell since its cold out anyway. There is still a lot of places where the air can get through so i don't think it will be too bad. Especially since I only put them on at night and its usually not to hot out at night.
I hear ya. Then again though, I've driven through NV when it was 115 and I know I'd want as much air as I could get. I think that would be where a light bar would provide more air flow. Either way looks really clean and I'm interested to know if once it gets hotter if you notice a difference or not. Great job though
Old 02-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
there is a place to mount them I set mine up just like this except with two more in the middle

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...aft-grill.html
Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
They look good but how much do they bounce...I remember when I had mine with 2 lights they bounced pretty good.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #13
Hoyt and Tacoma for life!!
FoxTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Joshua
FoxTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzimm001 View Post
That looks bangin dude! I have two black magics and I'm thinking of removing them. Haven't decided. I love this look though. Four looks great
If you ever want to sell those black magics i would be very interested
Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
SoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud ofSoCaliSnowboarder77 has much to be proud of
Name: Joe
SoCaliSnowboarder77's Tacoma Gallery
awesome!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #15
they actually arent too bad, I had them pointed downward at first and you could see them bounce but i pointed them up and you cant even tell except when you are on a dirt road.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
those are 6" diameter right? looks fantastic!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #19
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #20
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHAWK250 View Post
where did u get that mesh grill from? looks good

the grill is a GrillCraft grill