Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Got my truck back from the dealer and...

Old 02-25-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
GerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
GerhartCss's Tacoma Gallery
Got my truck back from the dealer and...

I took my truck to Frederick Toyota of Lebanon, PA Tuesday to get the rear leaf TSB done. When I got the truck back yesterday I noticed that the light behind the AC fan control and the light behind the air circulation button are no longer working. I had installed a headunit three weeks ago and after the install the fog light button was no longer lighting up (may or may not have been related to my install). My question before I call the dealer is has anyone had their lighting affected weeks after installing a headunit. I don't see how it's related to the AC lights since they are different wiring harnesses but I wanted to check before I put the blame on the service shop since they should not have been messing with anything electrical.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
there are two bulbs behind your ac climate control, bulbs 8 bucks from the dealer...just replace it.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
GerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know I can replace the bulb(s), I am more concerned that the bulb just so happened to burn out during the 12 hours it was at the dealer which seems strange to me. Also, so 1 bulb controls the light behind the fan speed control and the air circulation button? They are almost on opposite sides of the AC controls, the air direction switch and the ac button are lighting up.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the lighting of the bulbs are strange , they light up diffrent sides, but its very common for those bulbs to go at anytime...
Old 02-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #5

So last night I took the AC unit out and disconnected the bulbs and reconnected them and they worked, but this morning when I got in my truck they were not working again. This is making me thing it's not a bulb issue. Any ideas anyone???
Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you might have a short somewhere. If it is still under warranty I would take it in.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #7

CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
there are metal taps on those bulbs that flatten and you loose connection, you can either try and bend them out or just replace them...
Old 02-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I would unwind the wires of the bulbs and rewind them back up for better contact.