1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got my truck back from the dealer and...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by GerhartCss, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Feb 25, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    GerhartCss

GerhartCss [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Harrisburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-X710BT w/ PAC SWI-PS, Leaf Spring TSB
    I took my truck to Frederick Toyota of Lebanon, PA Tuesday to get the rear leaf TSB done. When I got the truck back yesterday I noticed that the light behind the AC fan control and the light behind the air circulation button are no longer working. I had installed a headunit three weeks ago and after the install the fog light button was no longer lighting up (may or may not have been related to my install). My question before I call the dealer is has anyone had their lighting affected weeks after installing a headunit. I don't see how it's related to the AC lights since they are different wiring harnesses but I wanted to check before I put the blame on the service shop since they should not have been messing with anything electrical.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. Feb 25, 2010 at 5:19 AM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    there are two bulbs behind your ac climate control, bulbs 8 bucks from the dealer...just replace it.

3. Feb 25, 2010 at 6:15 AM
    GerhartCss

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Harrisburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    I know I can replace the bulb(s), I am more concerned that the bulb just so happened to burn out during the 12 hours it was at the dealer which seems strange to me. Also, so 1 bulb controls the light behind the fan speed control and the air circulation button? They are almost on opposite sides of the AC controls, the air direction switch and the ac button are lighting up.

4. Feb 25, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    CAMZTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    yeah the lighting of the bulbs are strange , they light up diffrent sides, but its very common for those bulbs to go at anytime...

5. Feb 26, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    GerhartCss

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Harrisburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    So last night I took the AC unit out and disconnected the bulbs and reconnected them and they worked, but this morning when I got in my truck they were not working again. This is making me thing it's not a bulb issue. Any ideas anyone???

6. Feb 26, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Sounds like you might have a short somewhere. If it is still under warranty I would take it in.

7. Feb 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    CAMZTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    there are metal taps on those bulbs that flatten and you loose connection, you can either try and bend them out or just replace them...

8. Feb 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    I would unwind the wires of the bulbs and rewind them back up for better contact.

Products Discussed in

To Top