Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LaminX

Old 02-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
LaminX

So after seeing a few fellow members have the LaminX placed on their fogs, i decided that i wanted to get a set. I am more conservative, so i decided to order the "tint" color. The order came really fast, so i was excited to get them installed today.

Upon first opening the package, i was a little dissapointed that the tint was a little light. After installing both fogs, i took pictures of my truck and now i'm convinced that LaminX sent me the wrong color. I am almost positive that they sent me the "blue" instead of the "tint" color. I e-mailed LaminX and we'll see what they say.

I hope they will fix this problem for me
Attached Thumbnails
LaminX-laminx-001a.jpg   LaminX-laminx-002.jpg   LaminX-laminx-003a.jpg  
Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
That doesn't look bad.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
grizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grizzbear's Tacoma Gallery
i think it looks really good!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Did you order the blue or the yellow?

i ordered the "tint"
Old 02-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
the blue looks nice!!!

I'd be more worried about my eyelids color not matching .....
Old 03-01-2010, 12:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
the blue looks nice!!!

I'd be more worried about my eyelids color not matching .....

Yeah....the eyelids were perfect before i applied the clear lol.....i'm thinking about ordering new ones, but they were pretty expensive for an aesthetic mod, so i'm doing the wait and see for the moment.......i'm hoping the sun will fade them a little....but at least i did them......rather than ordering something and being sent the wrong one. The blue is growing on me a little, but i think in the end result i would rather have "tint"
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #8

Just got off the phone with Mike of Lamin X and they acknowledged that it was their fault and will be sending me a pair of Tint for my fogs.....yah for Lamin X and their customer service. He even e-mailed me to double confirm. Awesome.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
wingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jonathan
wingshootin's Tacoma Gallery
I think the blue looks good as well. I was going to order the blue but I decided on the tint since I am going for an all black look.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #10

Yeah I'm going for that same look, which is why I want to rock the tint. Blue is starting to grow on me, but I think eventually I'm going to put on the tint
thanks for the props guys
Old 03-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Ya Looks Like They Sent You The Blue! Looks Good I HAve The Yellow Ones On My Truck!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #12
BIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really niceBIGDEZUL is just really nice
BIGDEZUL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by militaco View Post
Yeah I'm going for that same look, which is why I want to rock the tint. Blue is starting to grow on me, but I think eventually I'm going to put on the tint
thanks for the props guys

Looks sweet! I just ordered the blue myself....glad to see how much better it looks that stock. I haven't really tried to take the fog light off. How difficult is it to remove it? Any tips? Also i watched the video on the Lamin-x website looks easy to put on, did u have trouble?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Heck, I think it looks good (and I HATE blue lights)!

So, what size did you cut to? I tried it the other day and didn't have a good way to get the right size for my fogs (or a good way for a clean cut - no razor).

Finally, did the entire circle fit perfectly, or did you have a "fold" in the plastic that you had to fiddle with to lay flat?