Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

un-install and re-install

Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
un-install and re-install

sup people
I looked in my truck where the headlights bulbs are

but it doesn't give me any room to pull it out
got the windshield fluid block one and battery the other side

anyone have any idea how to un-install them cause I'm going to put HID lights later, ONCE THE NORTHEAST gets back into the SPRING MODE!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
sup people
I looked in my truck where the headlights bulbs are

but it doesn't give me any room to pull it out
got the windshield fluid block one and battery the other side

anyone have any idea how to un-install them cause I'm going to put HID lights later, ONCE THE NORTHEAST gets back into the SPRING MODE!!!
For HID's I found it easier to take them out, seal them back up properly (especially because the bulbs, wires, etc in them never are the same as the factory) and you have more room to work with. Also makes mounting ballasts much more manageable. Only four screws/bolts hold them in. Two Phillips head on the top, one phillips head screw kind-of half way under the bumper cover, and the 4th is tricky to find at first but not hard (use a ratchet and a 10mm socket) as you must access it from under the truck. Take your time with the last bolt, don't break the mount, and be sure to put it back in when you reassemble everything. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ that will make installation the easiest, but take a little longer (not a problem if you have time)

i installed a set of hids a few nights ago. i took out the battery, and unbolted the two bolts that hold in the washer fluid holder so i could tilt it out of the way. gave me enough room to get everything installed.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
so either I have to take out the headlights or take out washer fluid and battery to get this done??!! is it worth it?! ummmm
Old 02-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
i was able to install unistall without taking anything apart just little tricky but it wasnt hard
Old 02-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ yeah, oyu don't have to take anything out, it just mkes it easier. the uninstall and reinstall of the battery and washer fluid was abotu 5 minutes, so i think it was worth it for how much easier it was
Old 02-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #7
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
HID installation is in the DIY section. It covers all your worries. Check this link.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...stall-diy.html