Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Lighting for Side Steps/Nerf Bars

Old 02-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
pearldrummerelx is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
pearldrummerelx's Tacoma Gallery
Lighting for Side Steps/Nerf Bars

Has anyone put lights under the doors to illuminate your side steps?

I was thinking of doing this, but I wanted to wire them so that when I unlocked the car, they came on. I'm not sure if I can do this. My only other thought was to wire them in with the dome lights so when the doors open they'd come on. I may tie them in to some lights in my bed if I can figure this all out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kohler
MDBigRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearldrummerelx View Post
Has anyone put lights under the doors to illuminate your side steps?

I was thinking of doing this, but I wanted to wire them so that when I unlocked the car, they came on. I'm not sure if I can do this. My only other thought was to wire them in with the dome lights so when the doors open they'd come on. I may tie them in to some lights in my bed if I can figure this all out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I bought some LED's of superbrightleds.com and put them on the lip under the door jam. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...specs%2Fm3.htm They come in orange and red, but red is illegal on the side of trucks. I simply soldered them together and used a fuse tap on my headlights. I'm sure you could wire it however you want but these work great.

I'm gonna post up a pic
Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
search "puddle lights" and look for borderbrat's write up for them!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
pearldrummerelx is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
pearldrummerelx's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks